Revo 2 reviews

I am looking to buy one os these wings in the not too distant future, what i am looking for is someone who has one and is not biased, IE a dealer etc

can anyone independent give me their honest opinion on what they think of the revos 2 compared with any other wings they may have flown?

Thanks, Dave

Fly before you buy.......dont rely on anybody elses review, recomendation, ect.....

Ive got a 26 fusion that I dont want because I listened to other peoples reviews ect

and it looks like I am stuck with it......(nobody wants to buy it)..... :(

it just sits in its stuff sack day after day.....while I use my other wing :cry:

Dont be another me.....get a test flight ....all manafactures should understand this..... :evil:

I bought a motorbike last week....and the dealer was falling over himself to let me test ride this and that... before I found one that suited me .....

why the F*ck dont paraglider manafactures do the same :(

I agree that you should fly before you buy (assuming your an existing pilot which you are)

I have a 29 here that I will have a fly of, I am sure you can listen to me as a mate? buy it from whoever you like.

The owner of the 29 may let you fly it.

SW :D

I agree that you should fly before you buy (assuming your an existing pilot which you are)

I have a 29 here that I will have a fly of, I am sure you can listen to me as a mate? buy it from whoever you like.

The owner of the 29 may let you fly it.

Si I would be very interested in your opinion of the revo2 and what has been improved over the performance of the originalo revo.

I am particuarly interested in its ease of use, especially take off performance, one of the points I had heard leveled at the original was it was a bit tricky in nill wind so would be interested in how the revo2 has improved over that.

Basically are the improvements in the revo2 worth me spending the extra to buy new or should I save a few bob and look for a good original revo?

Cheers, Dave

I flew the 29 this morning (which is a bit on the large side for me) and I flew it after flying my Fusion 23 but I tried to compare it to the revo 1 and forget the Fusion flight before it.

OK so, it is fair to say that it launches much nicer than the Revo 1 that is 100% for sure, its a nice light wing to bring up (despite this one being oversized for me)

The take off was light and variable 0-5 South East - West. It felt just like the Fusion coming up which is a big +

The take of was short & clean. although the tips did stay in similar to the Revo 1 until a decent speed had been built up.

In flight... ( the important bit )

normal flying, VERY SOLID!!!! you can barley feel the wing over your head.... (this can be said for the revo 1 & synth also of course.. but the revo 2 just feels a LOT more so.

Turning felt quite nice, I was expecting it to be a little more responsive than the Revo 1 but it's not. It's remained similar to all of the other similar wings.

The seller for me would have to be the solidness of the wing in flight VERY confidence inspiring which is great for a low air time pilot 'with a bit of common sense applied'.

Low and slow is exactly that... VERY SLOW similar to the Fusion (way slower than the Revo 1)

All in all it made me feel good when I was flying it. nothing unexpected except for the responsiveness being the same as the Revo 1. ( i hoped for something in-between the Revo 1 and the Fusion on that front but then this is a beginner / inter wing and for that its awesome!

The next time I fly it I will fly it before I take the Fusion up, and I will try to get one the correct size.

GREAT WING ****4

• 3 weeks later...
I am particuarly interested in its ease of use, especially take off performance, one of the points I had heard leveled at the original was it was a bit tricky in nill wind so would be interested in how the revo2 has improved over that.

I never flew the original Revo and its not quite a fair comparison (as I've gone down almost 5 square metres in wing size), but I would say it comes up beautifully in nill wind (even without split 'A's) and feels extremely light. It needed a faster run than my bigger wing (as expected) and didn't just lift me off but took a quick dab of brakes to 'unstick' my feet from the ground. Didn't notice if the tips came up clean or not, but it didn't matter as it went straight without any correction.

Subsequent flights have been in wind far stronger than I have dared to fly in before and it does feel rock solid at speed. Flew up into horrible 20mph turbulent air last night and it was a bit of a struggle controlling it on the wing tip steering, but no drama.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Rev 1 26 and i've flown a Revo 2 a couple of timesand really like them. I flew a Rev 2 26 and then a Fusion 26 straight afterwards, the Rev comes up easier and feels bomb proof above you, similar handling in the air to the Revo 1. Outstanding for taking off in nil or low winds. Big fan of the Fusion though.

I have a Rev 1 26 and i've flown a Revo 2 a couple of timesand really like them. I flew a Rev 2 26 and then a Fusion 26 straight afterwards, the Rev comes up easier and feels bomb proof above you, similar handling in the air to the Revo 1. Outstanding for taking off in nil or low winds. Big fan of the Fusion though.

Hi Fletch

Intresting that you flew the same size Revo2 and Fusion back to back. Would love to know more about the differences you found between the two wings.

Cheers

Dan

just as well I have ordered one then :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fletch

Intresting that you flew the same size Revo2 and Fusion back to back. Would love to know more about the differences you found between the two wings.

Cheers

Dan

Dan,

I'm a big fan of all things Paramania in all honesty, the Rev 2 is unbelievable on the ground, all this is of course only my opinion, however, the Rev 2 takes little effort to get it above your head and sitting comfortably in little or no wind.

The big thing that struck me was immediately after playing with the Rev 2 i went for a fly on a Fusion. The Fusion (of which i'm a very big fan) felt like a bag of washing above me on the ground. The Rev 2 feels so solid and takes such a small amount of effort to bring up.

The Rev 2 can also be slowed down a great deal and take off was a walk in the park..or stubble field. A couple of steps and i was up, a very easy launch. If you are slightly out of shape, or perhaps not that fast at running, i would say the Rev 2 is bang on, because once in the air, the handling is great, it's dynamic enough for any intermediate pilot and is bomb proof if things are a bit bumpy.

The fusion, although feels very different on the ground is still rock solid in the air. The fusion did feel slightly more dynamic once up.

I'm waiting to try a Rev2 23 before i commit to buying my new wing. The easiness of launching is very appealing... especially in nil wind or with an early morning damp wing.

Fletch

:dive:

Dan,

I'm a big fan of all things Paramania in all honesty, the Rev 2 is unbelievable on the ground, all this is of course only my opinion, however, the Rev 2 takes little effort to get it above your head and sitting comfortably in little or no wind.

The big thing that struck me was immediately after playing with the Rev 2 i went for a fly on a Fusion. The Fusion (of which i'm a very big fan) felt like a bag of washing above me on the ground. The Rev 2 feels so solid and takes such a small amount of effort to bring up.

The Rev 2 can also be slowed down a great deal and take off was a walk in the park..or stubble field. A couple of steps and i was up, a very easy launch. If you are slightly out of shape, or perhaps not that fast at running, i would say the Rev 2 is bang on, because once in the air, the handling is great, it's dynamic enough for any intermediate pilot and is bomb proof if things are a bit bumpy.

The fusion, although feels very different on the ground is still rock solid in the air. The fusion did feel slightly more dynamic once up.

I'm waiting to try a Rev2 23 before i commit to buying my new wing. The easiness of launching is very appealing... especially in nil wind or with an early morning damp wing.

Fletch

:dive:

Thanks for that Fletch, really interesting.

Just out of interest, what do you weigh and what motor were you using on the back to back?

Cheers

Dan

Not sure what i weigh really...about 80kg i would guess, about 12.5 stone in old money. I fly a PAP Ros 125 1400.

That makes the comparison even more interesting for me because I weigh roughly the same, have bought a Revo2 26 and a Pap PA125 1400.

Unfortunately an injury a couple of months ago (just after i bought the kit) stopped me in my tracks, but I'm almost sorted now and ready to fly.

The reason I was so interested was because I was struggling to decide between the Revo2 and the Fusion. I think it looks like I made the right decision :D

Thanks Fletch

Dan

• 1 month later...

That is an excellent report & shows it meets all the criteria for a safe glider, and hopefully the small & large versions will achieve similar results. It would be nice to know what trim setting it was test flown at - i.e. neutral or fully trimmed down (slowest setting).

Just one note though - all the A's are achieved at the lowest free flying weight, and (as expected) its behaviour becomes more dynamic at the upper (free flying range) of 120kg. Most paramotor pilots will fly it at the heavier end of the scale (up to 185kg) where it is untested but likely to act more dynamically (with further B's), plus the trimmers set fast and possibly speedbar too ... Maybe a more paramotor specific test is needed to measure things like resistance to collapses, rather than speed of recovery after (if) they occur.

Now I just want some decent weather so I can compare it in free flight to my current wing ! :D

We all understand the need for Paramotor Specific Tests as all wings change with power over free flight. I have also heard it is near impossible to force a collapse in the usual way when in full reflex and such made the standard test un-usable for determining the dynamic responses from potential collapse. I hope in the future there will be a new system available to test these reactions.

Most pilots will fly in the hevier scale upto 185kg....! not if they buy it from me, flying in the UK. Anyone who has demoed wings with me knows I like it within the lower range unless you are specifically going for all out speed.

(I prefer slower take off so you have less chance of falling when running, lower revs for more comfortable cruising and economy, and a floaty less dynamic wing when free flying.)

As I understand it all the Tests were done on full slow even when adding the speed bar.

Its great to know my reflex wing is also EN/B when i swap my motor for free flying harness or then I am flying full slow.

Its great to give a beginner a reflex wing so he can progress but is also EN/B where all other reflex wings are EN/C, its only a guide as to the wings reactions, different weights, widths, air, and circumstances changes everything. It is a guide that in ideal conditions it has these set reactions. If I found myself in the wrong place and it was rough I would be strait into uncertified full reflex with all my faith in the design knowing it is doing a better job than me. Flying in reflex profile, from experience mine and others I have talked to I am happy with its excellent stability at speed. (I like many have a couple of stories where reflex stability saved my ass)

I am a dealer for Paramania but I am also a dealer for many brands, I like to think I am impartial and more informed than most end users. I don't shout about a product unless I genuinely feel it is really good. (the REVO2 is really good)

A decent amount of maneuverability and passive safety in one package that still has some decent glide ratio returning better fuel economy.... Its progression within our sport and I like it.

Anyone knows I like it within the lower range.

Ooerrr Vince ! :oops: Me too, for all the reasons you state - but with only 3 sizes its not always possible to be in the certified range for free flying AND with 30+ kgs of motor strapped on. Assuming the 29 gets certified (?) I will be just above middle for free flying and about 15 kg over (with fuel) - although still in the middle of their (uncertified) PPG range. The Paramania team prefer to fly them 'heavy' which seems to be the trend for most paramotor specific wings. Pascal flies the smaller 26 even though he's a couple of Kg's heavier than me.

If I found myself in the wrong place and it was rough I would be strait into uncertified full reflex .... with its excellent stability at speed.

Only flown it once when things got really 'orrible - pitch stability was excellent but it did roll a lot and suffered a few tip tucks. Wing tip steering was a struggle in such condtitions too so I bottled it and went to neutral so I could fly actively. The manual suggests keeping hold of brakes when very rough but I assumed it would defeat the 'auto-stable' reflex mode to use them actively. I'm still relatively new to reflex though so hopefully will 'get the faith' soon ...

As I understand it all the Tests were done on full slow even when adding the speed bar.

Thats what puzzled me - the manual is VERY specific that speed bar should NOT be used in slow - neutral trim. I might email them to clarify, as I'd like to test it for free flight and possibly in stronger wind as its a fair bit smaller than my 33m free flying wing.