Trike Licence

ok bad back and bones im gonna have to go to a trike whats the deal, what do i need to do in way of license. if i get a microlight licence do i have to get a trike cat, or can i do a lesser licence for paramotor trike.

Neil

if you can take off with your unit ...on your feet you dont need a licence (even on a trike) if its windy enough it can be done....otherwise as said you need a licence....which is a ball ache...I know for a fact a lot of trike flyers in the UK fly without a licence which is OK..... until something happens:?

dont break the law go around it...the bpha carnt give you lessons on a trike....the Bmaa doesnt want to know about paragliders & paramotors.....so you are in between both...I asked the bmaa last week about becoming a instuctor on trikes....and they said you need a bhpa rating first....then become a microlight instructor then a trike instructor AFI first ....the whole thing in my opinion is in a utter shambles

I asked the bmaa last week about becoming a instuctor on trikes....and they said you need a bhpa rating first....then become a microlight instructor then a trike instructor AFI first ....the whole thing in my opinion is in a utter shambles

That is a ball ache :!:

The BMAA did manage to get the reduced requirements for the powered parachute in place, maybe it would be worth asking if they can help steer something towards getting a simpler trike instructor route in place.

Nothing lost by asking, but these things take a long time :(

Cheers,

Alan