Where would YOU like the next PMC Fly-in to be

pete_b

If you would like the next Fly-in near you please let us know and any possible sites we could use in your area.

We would like to spread the fly-ins around the country as much as we can so as to share out the driving/Flying distances for every one.

Pete

Could always have it here in Hertfordshire.

Pop these co-ordinates in Google Maps:

51.826981,-0.060775

Onsite Camping, Resturant, Bar.... or do your own BBQ (no open Fires)

Also Fishing & Golf - if you want to.

I'm sure I could negotiate with Dave, the landowner for a rate for camping / landing fees.

Currently the camping is £8 per tent per night and £5 a day for flying from the field.

Accepts most wind directions (except Easterlies)

I could think of a few navigation tasks that could be set as a bit of a competition?

Just an idea.......

Woody :D

I could think of a few navigation tasks that could be set as a bit of a competition?

Just an idea.......

I think it would be great to have a fairly simple task set that is easy enough for beginners.

Have a fairly short launch window in the evening so that we are all completing it at the same time, Just a turnpoint or two (fairly near) and return to a spot landing, no need to score it , just do it for the experience.

Paul D

Could always have it here in Hertfordshire.

Pop these co-ordinates in Google Maps:

51.826981,-0.060775

Onsite Camping, Resturant, Bar.... or do your own BBQ (no open Fires)

Also Fishing & Golf - if you want to.

I'm sure I could negotiate with Dave, the landowner for a rate for camping / landing fees.

Currently the camping is £8 per tent per night and £5 a day for flying from the field.

Accepts most wind directions (except Easterlies)

I

Just an idea.......

I will pass it on to the rest of the committee, cheers for the suggestion.

The Southern Hang-gliding and Paragliding club will be having a party here in Pulborough on the farm on the 11 Sept for their annual bash. I believe it will be tickets sold thru the club, and there will be food , music, bonfire , fireworks, booze and camping , so if anyone wants I will put it together with a fly-in for this club/forum as well. I,m not organizing the party but I can check out what's what and I will post details.

This coming weekend July10/11 looks very flyable ( possible thermals :) and I will be around if anyone wants to come and fly.

Then next week I,m packing up my little car with all my toys; Paramotor, kitesurfing, inflatable sea kayak and camping gear , and heading to Scotland and the Outer Hebrides for a couple of weeks. I am really looking forward to flying rugged coastlines and mountains, I just hope I get the weather, but if not I have the other toys to play with.

As for other venues, I would be most interested in a rugged coastal area such as Pembrokeshire or the isle of Wright which I could fly too from here on a good day.

We have received a very kind offer from the Welland Gliding Club based near Corby in Northamptonshire, to have a fly-in at their annual open flying week starting on the 30th July until the 8th August, there is a BBQ on Saturday evening the 31 July.

It would be a good opportunity for both ourselves and the glider pilots to get to know another form of aviation, and for any paramotorist to take a trip in a glider, the guys who fly from there are a good bunch, with a typical flying sense of humour ( p**s taking is the order of the day ).

There are toilets and a canteen during flying hours, camping is welcome.

The site is located at this reference 52°27'50.11"N 0°34'56.00"W and off the A6116 Corby to Thrapston road.

The fly-in would be from the 30 July - 1 August

If you would like to attend please contact Sidcoging (Member 86) by PM or email and he will fill you in with all details, he flies from Welland Gliding Club.

I hope this appeals to some of you.

Dave

Yo Dave,

Since our last fly-in was near Northampton, It is unlikely that we will hold another in the same area..

The order of the day for the PMC is to 'tour' with out fly-ins so that all can get involved.

I would love to talk to you about next year or even later in this one :-)

SW :D