Ipad

macey2kk

And, Q Norman. :-)

I now have my Iphone 4 and have decided 100% that I don't need an Ipad now.

I can see why they launched the Ipad before the Iphone 4.

The Iphone 4 is amazing! It literally is 'unbelievably' good! I just took wedding photos with it and compared the pics with some £500-£1000 cameras and all agreed that the iPhone 4 won it hands down for image quality. It just looks brighter, sharper, and deeper.

That is one of the 150 new features of the 4.

SW :D

I know I'm going to get slated for this post but here goes anyway!

Have just upgraded on mobile to HTC desire. Am lovin' all the apps from android market (apgar score anyone!?). Do you know if i can get all the flying apps that the iPhone supports?

Any help appreciated!

Tj.

7 mentor weeks.

Finals week.

FREEDOM!

And, Q Norman. :-)

I now have my Iphone 4 and have decided 100% that I don't need an Ipad now.

I can see why they launched the Ipad before the Iphone 4.

The Iphone 4 is amazing! It literally is 'unbelievably' good! I just took wedding photos with it and compared the pics with some £500-£1000 cameras and all agreed that the iPhone 4 won it hands down for image quality. It just looks brighter, sharper, and deeper.

That is one of the 150 new features of the 4.

Well... Didn't "need" an iPad.... But .... It will come in handy to look at the nice pics that I take on my iPhone4 when it comes!! Lol

Tbh...it's a waste of money.....but as you gadget freaks know.... If you like it.... You gotta have it!!!

Plus Im sure the resale value is good too!

Fair point,

I did not NEED a turbo or Nitros Oxide kit on my bike.... or the Progressive controller to control them...

And the amount of RC rubbish I have purchased is scary, normally gets used once and crashed and or I get bored with it and put it away. Always still tempted to buy another one though LOL.

I think if I had an Ipad it would spend its time in my drawer.

i bought an ipad and use it daily, i do not have the 3g version just the plain old wifi. one thing that i have noticed is the amount of people saying "what are you going to use it for" or "what a waste of money". the thing is, i do not need it, i just wanted it. Like text messaging years ago, people (myself included) said 'who is going to use that". It seems to me that people want on but have to justify having one, and if they cant the react by criticising those that have bought one.

i have to say that i use mine daily and its uses are only going to get better. its in my lounge as a photo frame between where my wife and i sit. you can pick it up at any time and browse the net while she (or me) are watching shite on telly and surf the net. I take it to bed and read many of the free books online (titles that you know) and you dont have to have the light on to piss your partner off, then there is BBC iplayer to watch telly whilst relaxing on the sun lounger by the pool in the garden, or if telly is not your thing read the independent, the mail the sun or whatever you read online FOC. in the garage i look at the how to guides online for stripping down or rebuilding something...... i could go on and on (i have a bit already, i know) but to me i feel that im using it more and more

oh, and as for the iphone - i had one for a day and sold it (too brittle for me) however, the new bullet proof model is next on my list (when i upgrade). It is completely different and very much the same. Try surfing the web, reading or watching a film on the ipad compared to the iphone, the iphone is a great compromise because of its size

Oh and then there is the ipad / laptop debate - its nothing like a laptop - dont even go there...

• 2 weeks later...

Photos and films look WAY better on my TV screen if I am around the house to be honest.

I do have an iPad, but my one folds open and has a keyboard. Pics are even bigger than on the iPad, and I can do all of the exact same things you can on it.

I dont need my light on, I can read free books, and so on... and a massive amount more than an iPad.

I still remain un-convinced.

I have been dreaming up ways that I would use one (as someone who does not watch TV or read newspapers.) And all I could come up with that would be easier than using the Mac Book is the Flight log at Membury, but then the iPhone also does this brilliantly well in it's calender.

I dunno, but I would sooner buy a £600 flying gadget.

I can see it now, a weekend trip to Palma for some teaching... What do I take, My Laptop or My iPad? or both? to go with my iPhone of course. ( O and the stand for the iPad so I don't have to hold it in a stress position for 2 hours while watching a film of course.)

I had this conversation at the fly-in a couple of times with people who own iPads, but guess what.....

Not one of them had it with them!! ?? Why not I wonder? Not ideally suited for anything other than a comfy office maybe, which kind of takes away the advantage that it is slightly easier to move around than a laptop thus....