My first recorded flight

Beautiful video and congratulations on your flight.

There is nothing more beautiful than the silky smooth air late in the day with a blue sky, summer sun and flying over the stunning yellow rape fields.

my favorite.

Tip - sorry I can't help myself

if you were to hold each A risers, one in each hand. if one side drops down slightly pull harder on that A riser and less hard on the other.

this will correct the wing if it comes up skew whiff. This correction will stop you needing to abort.

use the brakes only once it is above your head else you can drag it back down to earth.

I hope this helps someone. I learnt it in paragliding. After trying loads of methods. It is particulary useful in high winds.

The downside is it looks like a mess in your hands and can be hard to fathom as a beginner

Simon

I was taught (Skyschool) to take A's in left, D's in right for more control bringing the wing up and also if all goes pear shapped, the d's will bring the wing down straight away.

Is this a case of different strokes for different folks, or is there a definite best way to reverse launch?

Dan

I was taught (Skyschool) to take A's in left, D's in right for more control bringing the wing up and also if all goes pear shapped, the d's will bring the wing down straight away.

Is this a case of different strokes for different folks, or is there a definite best way to reverse launch?

Dan

This is good for high wind launches but not needed for a normal launch, using two hands on the As will give you a lot more control over the wing as it is coming up

The reason for me using just the one hand is because my throttle handle is very large. Im currently taking it apart to make another one. Thought i would use a bmx brake lever and grip and machine down a piece of alloy. Its almost impossible for me to forward launch by the time ive got my brake and throttle in hand , theres not any fingers left for my A,s.

Tried putting A,s through thumb and fingers but strugling.

Currently having some lessons with simon so sure he will sort it with me.

Anyway thats my excuse