Paramotor club summer fly-in 3rd / 4th July 2010. Be There!!

outkast

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was about to say how the camera man should not give up his day job - then Ang saw the video and said it was really cool and she likes the new aspect ratio !! :oops::oops: can't wait to see Pete's handywork !

Thanks also to dantheman for taking the photo of me just after launch. Very arty getting the Red Revo wingtip into the frame. Hope you don't mind but I've nicked it and put it on Facebook to show the non-flyers what they're missing?!

Fill your boots mate, I'll try and send you a fullsize one later :)

Fanman

You are spot on (as usual) this picture was taken a second before the whole thing turned very sharply left and straight into the edge!

I am sure that the pilot will be interested in any constructive advice from more experienced pilots such as yourself.

Regards

Eddie

It was also a very slow take off, with loads of breaks to get over the up and coming hedge.

Loads of brake, no speed to fly, and a load of left hand torque to go with it.

SW :D

If memory serves, he was flying an H&E R120.

And yes...he took off on the left of the field with a shorter take off and less chance to clear the hedge. He put on loads of brake to try to get airborne and over the hedge and it just stalled and dropped back down. He was very very lucky to miss the barbed wire fence that ran before the hedge.

Credit to him, he didn't seem too shaken up by it! :)

Cheers

Steve

PS: Nice photo skills there Dan! :)

Most motors do this you just have not noticed before.

Simon is putting all the bits I took together for a longer film

you will see (on the video) that he stalled the wing with too much brake (watch the trailing edge near the wing tips)

Pete, I am struggling to download your vids mate... You may have to burn them on to disc..

I will dig out the accident and bung it on the tube today.

SW :D