Good news!

I have some good news.

I will now be conducting my training from Membury Airfield. :-) I secured the site today after a year of talking and negotiation.

At the moment this is not an open site to all, it is for my students and I.

I will be inviting anyone to join the Membury PMC but this will be capped at 15 members for the first 3 months.

Cost TBC.

This is a full size WW2 airfield, we have a 220 acre with 360 o take off, which is perfectly flat mowed grass. It also has road access of course.

This site is without doubt the largest nicest flattest Paramotor field I have ever seen.

Please do not go to the airfield unless you have contacted me first.

Cheers all!!

SW :D

Dude... Nice one

But I think you have failed to capture the full awesomeness of the site.

Checking google earth. You have full access to the M4 in both directions via the services.

For those of us that travel through Lambourne its 1.3 miles nearer.

And best of all the service station (Petrol, Oil, Chocky bars, Month old sarnies, Porcelain toilets!) is next door!!! I wont have to go home....Ever! :D

Colin B

The new Activities committee will be announcing that in about a week!

We have an awesome venue lined up and the committee, who so far is:

Pete B 'Chairman'

Tony F, asquaddie

Ken T, Togsie

Dave, Outcast

Are well on the case with the organising.

They will start a thread about it soon I am sure.

Well as you all now know we have an activities committee.

The aim of this committee is to organise and help run flyins in your area, to arrange other paramotoring related events including competitions of varying types for all PMC Club members.

We are always looking for venues to hold these events so if you have a site that we can use please let us know and we can then discuss with you which type of activity you would like to hold in your area.

The summer is coming so get thinking, what sort of flying do you want to do in your area?, then let us know

WE are already working on the first one for this year (details to follow shortly)

I can be contacted by PM on this forum

on skype peterbaldwin21958

or 7am--11.00 pm 07703381197

The grass you can see on the right hand side shows about 5% of our new field. :-)

Since the picture they have laid new tarmac on the runways.

Looks good - no houses nearby, therefore no one to complain about the noise (and the noise of the M4 in the background anyway). Should be good for your business too as this is really easy to get to, and no need for a 4x4! Looking forward to hearing about the first 'first flight' from Membury soon!

That would of course be awesome!

You would have to arrange this with the Airfield (I can arrange it for you if I know times and dates) there may well be a small landing fee? I am not sure how they work it.

I know they will be micro lights and GA to see more people flying in though for sure.

This is splendid news Simon........Well done :D

I'm really looking forward to flying from here, should be great!! Lovely and flat, with no trees or fences to get in your way......

Hopefully I'll be able to take off without smashing my prop/cage to pieces..... :roll:

Neil.. :D

Well,

I now have the key code to the gate and will be running the first day of training on Sunday. (saturday looks crappy weather (and so does Monday at the moment :-( )

But hey... Sunday we can do.

I will put directions in a separate post.

So who is going to the top of the MAST to put the flag up then?

OR........

Do we get a flag pole for the new site :-)

I like that idea the most. the flag pole goes where we go... so people will always go to the flag pole. :-)

Probably a daft question, but can people come along for some ground handling practice?

As I said... the site will be limited to PMC students and Membury club members for the time being.