Books

mac

Hi Gang it's me again with yet another question(well you were so good with the last answers i had to ask another)lol :D

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a really good book or books that would help me in my quest to paramotor. I've read somewhere that the PPG Bible is good. What are your thoughts? I believe that it's best to get the thoughts of people that use the books and not of someone trying to sell me one. :wink:

Touching cloudbase by Ian Currer is a good read, mainly for paragliding but the weather section is very comprehensive. As mentioned definately get "Paramotoring from the ground up".

Another is the microlight pilots handbook, once you have read these you should have covered about every topic imaginable :D

Hi All.

If you want some good books on weather. I use the Alan watts series ;- Instant weather Forecasting. Instant wind forecasting & the weather handbook. All are available from Amazon at good prices . They will give you a very good grounding on weather forecasting, and identification of changing conditions

Hi Mac,

Like Dan said, 'Touching Cloudbase is a good book to read. I have been using it for around a couple of years now as a reminder/reference aid. I would also recommend 'Paramotoring from the ground up'. Both these books will give you a good intro.into Paragliding and Paramotoring.

Hope this helps and welcome to a great sport.

Terry

Looks like i've got a few books to consider, still not sure which one to get......... think i just better get them all. lol :D Better go and see her indoors, cap in hand, to get some pennies or i could hint a lot and see what santa brings. :wink: