ppg over worcester

jock

Are you sure that's not some rice left from last nights chinese on the lens? Funny, I noticed how loud it sounded when it went over my house on Bath Road at about 3500ft? Sounded direct drive to me but maybe it was the weather/wind direction.

I waited before it calmed down last night and took off from Kempsey at about 7:45pm. Flew out to Bredon hill top and then back over the fields to Defford - it was a beautiful evening with mist gathering in the gullies and low lying fields after the sun set. Managed to SAT my Action 27 for the first time and it did really well - it pulls massive wing overs and reversals as well - I think it has something to do with the pitch stability of the reflex profile meaning less outside brake is needed at the top of the wing over. It is now my favourite wing.

I'm trying to get hold of an Ozone Viper 2 (24) on demo. I've tried the speed wing / motor combination (sparamotor) and it's just to limited for my liking - lots of speed yes - but max revs everywhere and no relaxation :? - a bit like a racing motorcycle. I'm hoping the Viper 2 will offer the speed, handling and pitch stability I'm after without being to power hungry (not much to ask - is it!)

I went down to the field behind the Indian in Powick to have a look - it's like the Amazon basin down there. Didn't want to venture in as I'd forgotten my machette.

What are the rules for the site - is it open?

Thanks in advance,

Simon Chandler

I realy should check the forum more often *&%^%$

HI guys. - Rich/Simon/Mike/Jock/Phil etc

Looking OK for Monday at the moment, tad windy until then by the looks of it. give us a shout if anyones out, could be easterly later on too for a bit of free stuff?

Mike, how long you back for? would be good to catch up.

Simon, Powick is a bit overgrown at the moment, are you using the Kite fields to fly from? if so I still have a ticket that says I can fly from there. Let us know if your going, yu can teach me to SAT, I got the spiral sorted but don't have the bollox to pull more brake as it tips in!! :dive:

Jock, get building mate, summer will be over soon, you need to be banned from the Malverns to give you some power incentive.

Dan

I realy should check the forum more often *&%^%$

HI guys. - Rich/Simon/Mike/Jock/Phil etc

Looking OK for Monday at the moment, tad windy until then by the looks of it. give us a shout if anyones out, could be easterly later on too for a bit of free stuff?

Mike, how long you back for? would be good to catch up.

Simon, Powick is a bit overgrown at the moment, are you using the Kite fields to fly from? if so I still have a ticket that says I can fly from there. Let us know if your going, yu can teach me to SAT, I got the spiral sorted but don't have the bollox to pull more brake as it tips in!! :dive: THATS THE CALL OF THE HILLS.I DONT THINK ANYONE HAS FLOWN THEM HILLS MORE THAN ME OVER THE YEARS.WIND RAIN SNOW MIST IM THERE.MOTOR SHOULD BE READY NEXT WEEK,JUST WAITING FOR TANK AND PROP SPACER.WE WILL HAVE TO USE THE PARAMOTORS AS A FLYMO FOR POWICK.SOMEONE WENT IN THERE LAST WEEK THEY ANIT BEEN SEEN SINCE..LOL/// THE BUS DRIVER WANTS MORE TANDUM SO HOPING FOR A WEST NEXT WEEK TO GO OVER THE BACK AT THE BEACON.I SHALL LEAVE A CAR AT THE KEMPSEY CAFE LAYBY I SHALL GIVE YA A SHOUT IF YOU WANT A HOP OVER THE BACK...OR ANYONE ELSE....

Jock, get building mate, summer will be over soon, you need to be banned from the Malverns to give you some power incentive.

Dan

I'm game for Monday, looks too windy for me until then. I need a really good run off due my dodgey knee, so Powick long grass is a no no. If there's anywhere else with a good launch let me know, else I'll take off from Clent again and fly down to the Worcester area.

Richard

Hi

I can fly from the Kite field but you have to be a member. I also don't know if he's going to be open as its BH. That's the problem with the kite filed, shop has to be open or the turf farm working otherwise the gate is shut and no access!

So - open to suggestions, we could just pirate a field or even Clee Hill? If its not free flying weather we could go to Castle Morton?

Dan

So, chaps.

Do we have a meet for tomorrow?

Can we Paramotor from the bottom of Castle Morton?

Is Powick still like the Amazon?

Cheers

Mike

Hi mike chaps castle morten anywere near the hill is a no go.malvern hang gliding rules are no power.plus it will be full of walkers campers swimmers etc.i have used the small common on the left of the road on the same side as the pub.dont turn right of the road towards the hill side.there is a big common on the east side of the beacon that has been used sometimes.powick is a jungle still.zack zero=simon may have a feild nr kemspey he uses might be worth giving him a shout//////

Managed a side ways slope take off from Clent about 645pm went around the top of Bromsgrove looking for Phil/Nick but no one around. Went around Droitwich and to the top of Worcester. Saw the balloon in the distance (beyond Malvern?). Quite cold, with an ENE 8kph wind at 1000ft asl. No other aircraft spotted.

See what happens weatherwise for Wednesday.

Richard

Hi Rich, Caroline said she saw you over Bgrove. I was out at the drag racing all day and didn't get back till 8 so missed the opportunity. Nick is still firmly fixed to the ground for a few weeks till his leg gets better.

Are you coming to the open next weekend?

I'm entered so might see you there?

Phil