harness

i havnt got the spare funds to get a new ppg harness but i have found my old wingman straps,so im thinking i can use my freeflying harness and keep the reserve under the seat.my woodvalley peak would be light and its comfy.what do ya think//

573363fcba83e_GTi(Small).jpg.797e0b5dc73

It's not uncommon to replace the heavy wingman harness with something else. Have you got the original wing attachment carabiners? If not you are looking at £46 for a pair of FB originals.

I am experimenting with an alternative that will be of interest to you and Alan K. It is a cheap complete system replacement for J bar FB paramotors that gives soft shoulder hook in allowing flight without extending brake handles. New harness based on Apco system for around £150. My system is ready to go now but I am busy with a couple of other projects. I expect to be testing over the next couple of weeks.

It's not uncommon to replace the heavy wingman harness with something else. Have you got the original wing attachment carabiners? If not you are looking at £46 for a pair of FB originals.

I am experimenting with an alternative that will be of interest to you and Alan K. It is a cheap complete system replacement for J bar FB paramotors that gives soft shoulder hook in allowing flight without extending brake handles. New harness based on Apco system for around £150. My system is ready to go now but I am busy with a couple of other projects. I expect to be testing over the next couple of weeks.

sounds interesting soft shoulder strap the wingman ones do dig in,and if i can use my cayenne without getting ppg risers even better,i can use my tandum wing as the risers are shorter than ppg ones with these ones i have.£150 im interested fanman.do you have a pic.....i have one off the fb karbs let the other go when i sold the hg....

http://www.aerothrustppg.com/products/h ... ness.shtml

Jock, I bought one of these in medium size (the medium is quite large). it does not come with carabiners and you have to make your own seatboard (310x360mm ply) as stated in the advert. What the advert fails to state is that it doesn't come with the bottom part of the ground handling straps either. It cost me a couple of quid to get some 1" webbing and a couple of buckles to make this up. It is a copy of the APCO harness which was originally designed for use on a machine powered by a Top80. Consequently the 2 torque straps built into the front of the harness are for torque steer in the wrong direction for me so I intend to remove mine. There are 2 possible hook in locations on the shoulder and these have a small range of adjustment by changing the length of the shoulder strap. I shall be testing on a FB Simo initially before then trying on a Monster. I have flown several machines with hangpoints in this position and far prefer them to the J bar position. Best of all I can fly them without having to use the lower brake pulley and lengthened brake lines. Launch is much nicer too. It may be necessary to fit comfort bars for spacing but I'll wait to see if it is necessary first. The harness has facility for fixed comfort bars or you could copy the FB sliding bars.

There are quite a few J bar FB owners waiting for the results of these trials as the FB machines are brilliant but older ones are unfashionable because of the hang system. If this addresses that then it could bring them back into fashion.

There are quite a few J bar FB owners waiting for the results of these trials as the FB machines are brilliant but older ones are unfashionable because of the hang system. If this addresses that then it could bring them back into fashion.

I'm curious as to how the harness would be attached to the old FB Airboss frame.