Tip to Tip Planning meeting.

All,

AS we are all getting together on the 15th for a fly and then our Xmas doo.... May I suggest that everyone involved (or interested in becoming so) with the Tip to Tip 2008 flight, gets together during the day for a planning meeting.

I will bring a list of everthing that needs to be done and allocate the job to the best person for it.

We are still short on the ground crew side everyone? Safety Officer, Fixer, Biker. e.t.c (for full list see Tip to Tip thread)

Cheers.

SW :D

Simon,

sounds like a good idea to me. Do you have a time and venue in mind? Can I suggest that the meeting is held as close to the party start time as possible so that those of us who are travelling aren’t left with too much time to kill before the party starts.

Regards.

Togsie

Simon,

Can I suggest that the meeting is held as close to the party start time as possible so that those of us who are travelling aren’t left with too much time to kill before the party starts.

Regards.

Togsie

All day do if its flyable as we can have the meeting anytime during the day.

Meetings like this do tend to last longer than you think as people bring up questions that others have not thought of.

Pete

The dates below are 'Press Days' / 'Training days'

The dates below will make for great photos, interviews, and build up footage.

10th January, Ground crew and pilots training day at Lambourn.

01st & 2nd March, Pilots Training weekend at Dartmoor.

12th & 13th April, Ground crew and pilots training in Derbyshire.

03rd & 4th May, Pilots and ground crew training Weekend at Dartmoor.

07th & 8th June, Pilots training weekend (location TBC)

28th July (morning) Pilots and ground crew arrive at lands end.

29th July (morning) Pilots and ground crew leave lands end.

youve got a ground crew and pilots training day at lambourn. so any pilot whos interested can fly the tip to tip flight? how many days from your experience mate will it take from a to b the finish including fuel stops. training at dartmoor 1st and 2nd march .where in dartmoor mate? are there only a few pilots that can fly the flight or anyone can.FROM :0)LAWRENCE

hi mate. so you picked the six pilots already.i never knew anything about? how did you choose the pilots mate.air hours or how long they been a member mate.who are the six pilots chosen.?quote what are we about?=iam not having fun...mate

so in order to find out who the six pilots chosen ive got to read all 4 pages wouldnt it be easier if you told me saving me time to read all four pages dan the man .and who decided on six pilots how many members are in this forum and why wasnt it explained .oh and was there a poll taken so the whole of the forum could decide? :0|LAWRENCE

Edited by Guest

Hi Lawrence mate,

Only Six pilots can fly the tip to tip and all have now been picked.

You could help with the ground crew if you wanted?

i fly paramotors iam not ground crew........MATE

All,

AS we are all getting together on the 15th for a fly and then our Xmas doo.... May I suggest that everyone involved (or interested in becoming so) with the Tip to Tip 2008 flight, gets together during the day for a planning meeting.

I will bring a list of everthing that needs to be done and allocate the job to the best person for it.

We are still short on the ground crew side everyone? Safety Officer, Fixer, Biker. e.t.c (for full list see Tip to Tip thread)

Cheers. QUOTE ALL SIX PILOTS =ALL

Lawrence just chilll out and read the thread.

I picked the pilots to fly with me based on piloting skills and a number of other personal reasons. ( it was not a competition or X factor )

so in order to find out who the six pilots chosen ive got to read all 4 pages wouldnt it be easier if you told me saving me time to read all four pages dan the man .and who decided on six pilots how many members are in this forum and why wasnt it explained .oh and was there a poll taken so the whole of the forum could decide? :0|LAWRENCE

Hi Lawrence

If you want to come on the trip then talk to Simon as a back up pilot, You may get to fly and you may not.

This is not going to be a ride in the park and I thought long and hard before committing to this.

Dont feel hard done by you just need to check the forum more often to stay up to speed with things as this was started on NOVEMBER 22 and I think that every one has had time to put their self forward

I hope that you will change your mind and try to help as everyone is important on this trip the pilots cannot fly with out ground support.

If this could not take place due to being one ground crew short then I would give up my chance to fly and go as support for the greater good of the rest.

Think on mate your support would be very much appreciated.

Pete b

Sorry to see your apparent unhappiness Lawrence. I looked back at the posts for you and noticed that Simon does not exclude anyone from accompanying him and his invited pilots. I read the thread again and it seems to me that Simon has decided he is going to go from Lands End to John O'Groats on a fund-raising and promotional expedition. He has invited some pilots and some support crew. I think that this sort of expedition probably requires that sort of military style approach rather than a democratic one in order for it to succeed.

All, I would like to invite, in full public view......in no particular order..........the following people to fly the tip 2 tip 2008 flight with me.

Simon Payne & Pete Boldwin.

Will you please come with me on this mad flight?

As you can see from the above, (assuming that both invited people are good to go)

There remains 1 more place on this life changing expereance for the full flight!

( ALL ARE WELCOME TO FLY A LEG OR 10 OF COURSE!!!! )

Dont know where the last place will go yet!

The original "four" was later increased to six.

I take this post as an invitation to fly too but without having to make a full commitment to the entire trip and the planning of it. If I go along for any of the legs I will, of course, make my own arrangements for backup as it would not be fair to expect Simon's team to provide that. But I anticipate there will be a number of "supporting pilots" from our number and some of us may fly quite a few of the legs. The main thing is we wont be "mission critical" and can sort ourselves out if we bomb.

If you want to share personal ground support arrangements for the legs I may fly please do get in touch and we can organise it independently.

The beauty of our sport is that it is unregulated we can do what we want :D

Hi Gents,

Could everyone involved in the Tip 2 Tip Challenge please drop me their contact details please (unless previously forwarded).

This will enable me to group email information and updates your way without having to go through the 'PM' system here.

Please email SomersetPMC@mac.com

I will have the route completed before long and in .KML form so that you can fly it in Google Earth.

Ta very much.