Local TV station.

Derbyshire Club,

It is expected that we will be conducting some pre flight training before the Tip to Tip flight. We have currently attracted the South West Media by suggesting that they film the 'build up' and wondered which is your favoured news station up there? I would like to contact them and let them know of our training.

I dont just wont to focus the media to the South West.

Can you also help with the site? 6 people (pluss any ground crew) tents, early morning take off... a reporter or two.

Thanks for the help.

SW :D

dont really know of any local tv stations but i will do my best to find some, i have quite afew good contacts like steve from chilwell who has just joined the site, hes quite good in the ways of the world if you know what i mean, i think if he has got time and i can get him to get involved in this big tip to tip flight he will be able to help alot, hes a brilliant bloke.

Sounds like a fun thing Paddy, would love to be involved, tell me more; oh and thanks for the compliment; Im all embarrassed now LOL

(If you can let me know some more details Ill try and get some local media interest for you)

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
Sounds like a fun thing Paddy, would love to be involved, tell me more; oh and thanks for the compliment; Im all embarrassed now LOL

(If you can let me know some more details Ill try and get some local media interest for you)

Steve

Hi Steve,

Did you get any joy with this? Still lacking media in Derbyshire at the moment.....

SW :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ive spoken to them, and unless its something hot (like a plane crash or a murder) Central TV usually accept news items vie their website (theres a submit form on the central website), but theres no point in submitting too early before the event or it will just get lost.

Steve