Hi folks

Just thought i'd introduce myself. Name is Mac, live up near Lanark in Scotland. Thinking of taking up this superb looking pastime. Really on a fact finding mission at the moment getting as much info as poss with the hope of getting things started in the summer. Any help or advice would be really appreciated and if you don't mind i'll pick your brains from time to time.

Welcome Mac, Lanark is a great place :) I'm from the Borders (Kielder Forest) and one day I hope to fly around that area...I used to do daily readings for the Met Office and the official summary of the years weather was "50 weeks of winter and 2 weeks of bad weather." so it will be fun getting a flying window.

Anyway if you are on a fact finding mission, just read and digest every post on this forum, especially the training blogs to get an idea what it's about. If you are serious then try to hook up with a local instructor but don't rush into it and buy kit without a bit of investigation and training first. Once you get air it will blow your mind, and you have some lovely scenery to explore :)