Let's measure the real weight of our paramotors

jean-christophe

I thought the same myself but I love the Simonini 200 power and it weighs the same as some of the 120 cc units out there anyway. It's just that the weight is very soon gone !

If you want to try a 120 PM me. It sounds impossible but it is under 22 kgs. And lots of thrust for a Raket 120 motor. Probably the most that anyone has got out of one.

Dave

I weighed a FB Monster today. Double prop, dual ring cage, empty tank, electric and pull start (inc 16.8v NiMH battery), including harness and all wing attachment fittings... 35kg... lighter than a Parajet Macro!

It is now going on a weight reduction program with an easy minimum 3kg to be saved by changing harness, wing attachments and battery.

• 3 weeks later...
A friend showed me a list of paramotors and their claimed weights (as advertised on their web-sites). At a paramotor meet it got a lot of cries of horror and suggestions that certain manufacturers be strung up for making false claims.

Here are some claimed weights (assuming "as sold" - motor and harness - no fuel). I personally don't know which ones actually reflect reality, so if anyone out there can give true "as sold" figures it would be a great help:

Claimed ("as sold" weights):

Parajet

Volution Compact - 26kg

Volution Macro - 27kg

Flat Top (converted from lbs)

120 - 21kg

160 - 27kg

200 - 29kg

PAP

Top 80 - 25kg

Ros 125 - 27kg

PA 125 - 28.6kg

Rad

Arrow Classic - 17.5kg

Javelin Classic - 18.5kg

H&E

R80 - 22kg

R120 - 23kg

Reading the forums allI ever hear about Parajet is that they are "bloody heavy". I don't understand why I see thei comment if they're only 26-27kg.

The RAD sounds very low. Anyone know why the claimed weights are so low?

Any thoughts?

Dave

Just weight my Pap PA 125 and added to list