Welcome to Derby Paramotor Club.

All,

This branch will soon be run by Paddy, from Paddys Paramotor Training! he is joining the team with his existing club, to help with the Derbyshire leg of our flight. (some are already Paramotor Club members so should say hi in this forum :-) )

Thanks!

SW :D

Hi all,

Glad to see that we can help with the Land`s end to John o `Groats flight. (Derbyshire stop off)

Paddy, If or when you need any help, give me a call or contact me via this website and we will help these guys out. Possibly try to help raise some extra money for their specified charity as well.

Wayne. :):)

Hi Gilly.

i'm just starting to learn paramotoring and take delivery of my motor and wing at the end of January. I'm linked with the liecester group at the moment. do you have a group that fly around Crich, as I live at ilkeston.With a bit of luck i should be trained before I get my gear

Hi It sounds good to me. I'm getting a Parajet Volution and an Apco Thrust hp wing. but will be using my ozone mojo for the first 20 or so hours. Ive just emailed Brian to see if he can help with my training.

I saw some footage of the site on you tube . It looks very nice. How do you contact each other when you are going to fly.

Its a pitty you dont want a normal Apco thrust. Ive got one for sale, its only done 1 hours flying, 3 x 20 mins flying.

the video footage on you tube isnt the field, its a different one that paddy uses. Im sure paddy will help you out, hes a good bloke. :)

Nice one Paddy!!

Having done my PG solo with his instruction; Im currently waiting to do my solo with motor flight with Paddys school; just waiting for a let up in this god awful weather...cant wait for it though!!

Regards

Steve (based nr Chilwell 4 miles J25M1)

Nice one Paddy!!

Having done my PG solo with his instruction; Im currently waiting to do my solo with motor flight with Paddys school; just waiting for a let up in this god awful weather...cant wait for it though!!

Regards

Steve (based nr Chilwell 4 miles J25M1)

good to see youve joined the site steve, its a good site.

Hi there, this is a newbie, recently converted from free flight & did my ppg training ( & still learning) with Paul Kilburn of manchester paragliders & planet parmotors. Love to do some flying with you guys & I am sure Paul would aswell. Only done a couple of flights but hooked on power (will still be doing some free flight as only 10 mins to shining & cats tor from my house).

I have a black hawk & currently using my old advance epsilon 3, which seems great for powered flight. great forum by the way, loads of info & looks very active.

thanks

Magnus (Mag for short )or Ninja as Paul calls me after ending up on my back looking like a turtle during my training!!

ps based in Macclesfield so have posted the same intro in Lancashire branch as well- hope that is Ok?

Hi Mag,

Your more than welcome to come flying with us, more the merrier i say. Contact myself, or paddy, from paddys paramotor training, and we will let you know when we will be flying. Paddy`s usually up there more than myself, but hoping to get plenty of hours in next year and do a few cross countrys with paddy and a few others.

See you up there.

Gilly. :):)

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm based in Tutbury, Staffs and have been paramotoring for around 18 months now, taking off in the field next to our home and visiting friends locally but whilst I have met people on the hills in Derbyshire paragliding I haven't met anyone I can motor with. I'm really keen to meet other motor enthusiasts and to find other sites to motor from or to. I've seen the posts here so will try to get to the site near Carsington at some point but can someone let me know when you are flying? & if there is anyone else out there more local to me please get in touch.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi bongy, we sometimes fly from a field up at carsington, you are more than welcome to come and fly with us. Once the weather starts to get better we are up their most weekends and evenings. Paddy trains up there so he is up their more than me.

C u up there,

Gilly.

• 1 month later...