Paramania REVO2

I think the M would suit your needs better. A friend of mine at your weight bought the S, and I had the L size - we both felt a bit 'heavy' on the wing, possibly because we are both free flyers. I never got round to testing mine properly in free flight, but reckon it would have suited strong conditions best (it was 5m smaller than my free flying wing).

Don't think you'll notice much handling difference between the sizes as it is quite pitch stable but 'loose' feeling in roll. Very easy to produce wingovers with little input, or crank the wing over for tight banked turns. It should handle better than your EN A wing in slow to neutral trim, but you are correct that at full trim speed the stering is less responsive and only good for wide turns.

Para2000 quote an ideal wing loading of 3.8kg/sqm for the medium (26) size. This will make your wing loading just under 3.3 for free flying and 4.2 for motor flights - a better balance than the small size.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scratching starts earlier then I'd like @ 3.6kg/m2. Different wing mind you, but loading is loading.

Full slow trim you'll find is a treat with trimmers to do it for you.

Min sink sorted. Enjoy.

Do try them both if you can to make your most informed decision. It's worth a trip.

Knowing what I know now, I would have liked to line up trim speed (neutral) with my old glide ratio rather than full slow.

Not something you can do without some polar information.

For someone coming from free flying a lighter loading is indeed preferable as you can always eat a big lunch, take ballast or your dog. Shedding loading is a different task. Presumably those folks already have the skills to manage a lighter loaded wing and the things that happen to such a loading. Gas is gravy.

Hi Vassilis

I fly a Revo2 26. I weigh 85kg in the nud and about 120kg all up.

I think the sink rate is quite dramatic although I am not experienced on other wings.

If you check out my recent engine out video, the motor goes quiet at 4:43 with about 500ft and you can see how quickly I'm on the deck, exactly 60 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbXBV-Z88p8

Not sure if it will help you, but if it does, great :)

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan.

Just wondered how you got an all up weight of 120KG?

I'm 82KG in the nud.

Clothes, helmet and boots..............8KG (more in winter)

Reserve and instrument cockpit ......5KG

Full of fuel........................................8Kg

Paramotor........................................27KG

That makes 130KG plus the wing and your a bit heavier than me?

Cheers

Mike

Hi Dan.

Just wondered how you got an all up weight of 120KG?

I'm 82KG in the nud.

Clothes, helmet and boots..............8KG (more in winter)

Reserve and instrument cockpit ......5KG

Paramotor........................................27KG

That makes 130KG plus the wing and your a bit heavier than me?

Clothes, helmet and boots..............4Kg (Different climate, very light helmet & boots)

No reserve (don't usually fly high enough for it to be any use)

Paramotor........................................27Kg

Me....................................................85Kg

---------

124kg

I'll meet you in the middle. D'you know that 4kg has come on over the winter.

Memo to self: Get fit and stop eating crap.

One of the reasons I got the 26 over the 29 was to give me incentive to keep the weight off. That worked...............................................Not!

• 2 weeks later...

I am a tad confused about sizing. The PPG range for the 26 is 80-185 you are coming in at 135+- and there is a question of the next size (90-220

) being right?

This must be an issue with the wing not your weight or sizing (your 26 appears to be the right choice). From Paramania site the sink is identical on all sizes. Sure wing loading makes a difference but the weights mentioned show you to be in the middle of the 26 range.

I weigh in at 95Kg nud (all up would probably be in the 140KG+). My dealer is saying the 26 is perfect, and offering me a good price, i might add. Something is not right. I am new to the sport and buying my first kit.

Im 63kg in the nud and fly a revo (1) 24m, i was told a 24 or even a 21m would be the right size for me for motoring.

I must admit its really fast take off and landing and rarely go full reflex otherwise i would be flying on my own :lol: i would sway towards a 26m revo 2 for my next wing.

I still dont get it though, Dudek and Paramanias wing loadings are soo different :?

From Paramania site the sink is identical on all sizes. Sure wing loading makes a difference but the weights mentioned show you to be in the middle of the 26 range.

I weigh in at 95Kg nud (all up would probably be in the 140KG+). My dealer is saying the 26 is perfect, and offering me a good price, i might add. Something is not right.

Correct :wink: - the marketing hype is at fault and definitely not right. The 130kg weight range (on the 29) is quite simply a work of fiction - as I (and others) found out from personal experience !

I am about 8kg heavier than you and about 155kg all up, and found the measured sink rate in nil wind at sea level to be double what Paramania quoted, with glide ratio only half of their figure.

Para2000 gives a more honest appraisal of figures, ideal wing loading etc. If you stay in the certified weight range it is a good safe & stable wing, easy to launch and fast for its class. Go too far into their fantasy 'PPG weight range' though and you will get a bit more speed at the higher wing loading, but need a lot more engine power/rpm at the expense of sink rate and other factors. This may suit some people, but not everyone.

All manufacturers want their figures to look the best, but I think Dudek take a more honest & realistic approach.