Returning pilot - advice needed!

domcross

Hi All,

First post, so good to 'meet' you all :D

I need some advice after a few years out of the sport. Well, it's been quite a few years if I'm truthful! I was one of the first people in the UK to fly a paramotor (home made contraption in the early 90's) and kept up the hobby until 2002 when I had a skiing accident and injured my back. My last paramotor was a DK Whisper and I was fitter and lighter then :cry:

So, although my back will never be fully 'fixed', I've got an itch to get back into paramotoring again and need some advice from people who understand the current breed of kit. My wing is good for a kids tent, so I'll be starting from scratch needing a wing and a motor. My problem is that I've become a bit of a porker over the last few years (think rugby player with a spare tyre round the middle!) so I need a big wing and a powerful motor :wink:

I'm 109 kg (about 17 stone) and, thanks to the bad back and dodgy left leg, I don't want to be running for any longer than I need to. What combo would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Dom.

if its any help, im 18 1/2 stone "in me pants" let alone clip in weight, i fly a dudek synthesis relex wing (size 34), and have flown a simonini engine, f200 engine and a hirth engine all with 125/130 props and i get into the air with a 6mph breeze, within about 20ft from full power if thats any help...

oh, and the synthesis wing is great, it never overshoots and i cruise at 30mph (airspeed) with the trimmers in!

im sure others will give you more advice than i can!

if its any help, im 18 1/2 stone "in me pants" let alone clip in weight, i fly a dudek synthesis relex wing (size 34), and have flown a simonini engine, f200 engine and a hirth engine all with 125/130 props and i get into the air with a 6mph breeze, within about 20ft from full power if thats any help...

oh, and the synthesis wing is great, it never overshoots and i cruise at 30mph (airspeed) with the trimmers in!

im sure others will give you more advice than i can!

+1 on the synth... i have a parajet macro, am 18stone in my birthday suit!

gets me up no problem..and down quite ( if not always too gracefull ) nicely too!