Reserves

jonnorton

Hello,

After advice regarding my reserve, it has been sat attached to my Pap for over a year now and I don't want to assume it's ok just because it hasn't been touched. It's spent some time in the garage, so could have been affected by damp (this is where you all tell me not to keep it in the garage for that very reason).

Do people send theirs off for a repack once a year? I know some will do it themselves but don't mind paying a few pounds for it to be done professionally.

thanks

Jon

Hello,

After advice regarding my reserve, it has been sat attached to my Pap for over a year now and I don't want to assume it's ok just because it hasn't been touched. It's spent some time in the garage, so could have been affected by damp (this is where you all tell me not to keep it in the garage for that very reason).

Do people send theirs off for a repack once a year? I know some will do it themselves but don't mind paying a few pounds for it to be done professionally.

thanks

Jon

Hi Jon, somewhere like aerofix or the loft will inspect your reserve and repack it for about £30.

£30 seems ok, does that include posting to and from them?

Do other Pap owners out there detach their reserve each time they put the motor in the garage / shed? Obviously not such a problem with other motors, but with the Pap you have to undo the frame to take it off and on; much easier to leave it place.

Thanks