Synthesis/Revolution

ive owned both,

found the revo hard to launch (( could have been my technique?? ))

synth ( 34 ) launches a doddle, flys lovely and really stable... cant comment on the fuel burn as i havent had long enough flights to drain a tank yet..

wouldnt swap back though..

Hi there

I flew a Revo 24 for 2 years and have just changed to a Synth 27.

I agree with Simon, both are great wings and either should be fine.

They each have there own idiosyncracies though.

The Revo seems to be more efficient if you get the same wing size, so go a size up if you get the Synth.

The Revo is significantly lighter on ground handling as well, requiring much less pressure on the A's. The handling feels crisper in the air and the wing tip steering is much more effective than the TST.

The Synth's take off and landing are slower and the trimmers are easier to operate.

I am told that it rolls less in turbulence but I've only had a few flights so cant confirm this yet.

If you are buying new ensure you have a test fly to see which you prefer.

If buying used then market availability will dictate.

Cheers

Steve

P.S. This is not a sales pitch for my Revo 24 as it now (hopefully) looks to be sold.

I am also looking at these two wings (as well as a Fusion) and was wondering, why did you change what appears to be more or less like for like?

Dan

Hi Dan

My style of flying is changing and I really want to get into motor thermalling this year.

My logic therefore was that a bigger wing would be better for this.

I thought about the likes of the Fusion and Nucleon.

Both have higher performance but I specifically wanted to stay at the level of the safest reflex wings.

This is because ultimately the biggest determinant in performance is the pilot and I feel more confident to stick it in and push with a wing that has higher passive safety.

That left the choice of a Synth 27 or a Revo 26.

As I said above, with used wings market availability can dictate and that's what happened here.

The Synth 27 came up first.

Cheers

Steve

I am also looking at these two wings (as well as a Fusion) and was wondering, why did you change what appears to be more or less like for like?

Dan

Thanks Simon I would really love that. Not just to try the various wings out, but to meet a few of the guys on the forum that I seem to have so much in common with......unfortunately it's a bit of a trek from Southern Spain :(

However, if you ever find yourself in this part of the world, let me know and the kettle will be boiling :D That offer goes to any of the guys on here whos advice I rely on so much.

Cheers

Dan

You are close to Dani Martinez he will be able to help you and is a top bloke. :-)

Funny you should mention Dani, I've just contacted him for a quote for a wing and some additional training. He seems like a good egg.

Dan