Flight plans for the coming season

mgrant

As with most flyers, this endless winter weather leads me to think about planning those glorious flights of the summer.

Last year, due to several reasons (one being free flying) I never flew my paramotor much, even though I had planned to to fly a few triangles and out & returns with friends which never happened.

So how about posting your plans and routes for those great flights here as inspiration and entertainment for the rest of us during these wet evenings.

For me, my modest plan for the coming season is to fly those triangles with a couple of good mates, fly along the south coast and I'd love to discover a crop circle or two :)

Also as I live right under the class A airspace of Heathrow it would be great to fly somewhere where I could fly for a long way without having to worry about the 500 ft rule!

...Also as I live right under the class A airspace of Heathrow it would be great to fly somewhere where I could fly for a long way without having to worry about the 500 ft rule!

??????? Not quite sure how these 2 are linked in the same sentence. The 500' rule is always valid everywhere within the UK FIR except for take off, landing and gliders ridge soaring.

Just meant it would be nice to go and fly somewhere much less populated where I could fly low without having to worry about people or buildings!

The 500 feet rule

Except with the permission in writing of the CAA, an aircraft shall not be flown closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle or structure.

Just meant it would be nice to go and fly somewhere much less populated where I could fly without having to worry about people or buildings!

The 500 feet rule

Except with the permission in writing of the CAA, an aircraft shall not be flown closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle or structure.

Absolutely, so basically nice to fly anywhere outside the Class A. The 500' rule is defined in the ANO so is air law rather than airspace per se.

I have few fligths planned but the one i am looking forward to doing is a long down winder from my take of field in pulbrough along the south coast just to see how far i can go with my bailey v3.

I was thinking about taking off in the morning to get me plenty of time and fly down to the cliffs around brighton marina then fly along the cliffs as far as i can to around beachy head and then from there move up the coast line. I hope to make it all the way up to camber sands depending on the wind direction and how much thermaling and ridge soaring i can do on the way..

Looking forward to some sunny weather :lol: