Weekend

andyopteryx

I didnt think of checking of posts this morning so didnt know about Slapper going to Formby.

Ha! - I wish I had now because I tried to go for a flight this morning in nil wind and ended up getting some lines caught in the prop (probably not running fast enough?). Shredded one line on the purple D riser and one on the green E.

I know you can get replacements from Aerofix but I've never replaced a line before. Has anyone else done it and is it difficult?.

cheers,

Andy

I didnt think of checking of posts this morning so didnt know about Slapper going to Formby.

Ha! - I wish I had now because I tried to go for a flight this morning in nil wind and ended up getting some lines caught in the prop (probably not running fast enough?). Shredded one line on the purple D riser and one on the green E.

I know you can get replacements from Aerofix but I've never replaced a line before. Has anyone else done it and is it difficult?.

cheers,

Andy

Simple to do make sure the line is clear of all the others then take it off the mallion (making sure you know where it goes between the others) follow it up slip it out of the loop put the new one

on and then refit to the mallion.

Job done

Looked perfect where I was so headed West to meet Slapper About 5 miles before the field bright sunshine turned into very heavy fog which was not going to lift. Damn.

Met a few more and headed back to a field more in the centre of the country, back in the sun. On the way the motor somehow leaked enough fuel to completely fill the airbox (more than a pint I reckon) and cover my car. Cleaned it all up and then the pull cord snapped. Had a spare but by that point I decided the big man upstairs didn't want me to fly that day. Some days just aren't meant to happen!

I had the motor laid flat harness side down. As I always have it in my fiesta. Never had this happen before.

I was under the impression with the new PAPs that if you close the red tap on the breather tube they were meant to be leak proof. I had the tap closed and was surprised when it leaked so much - it has never leaked at all before. Don't understand - anyone any ideas?

Better luck next time.