New Polini Engine!

paramotormike

• 3 weeks later...

Check it out http://www.custom-air.co.uk we have 3 polini powered paramotors on offer plus a possible forth low price unit coming later this year. Engine only option for anyone wanting to change power plant. The polini engine weight specified does not include exhaust which is about 2.9kg

It is a great sounding engine, with a lovely tone, low vibration and with a large prop and cage has enough thrust for most at a claimed 64kg

Polini powered MikaLight or X-generation or soon to be KobraPPG Polini.

We have more surprises later in the year, roll on summer 2010

too expensive engine only, needs to be between £1K to £1.3K max

the G6 motor is £1K albeit prob not as good but £2K + vat is a lot of money for a 2T motor

Hmmmmnnnn let's think about this... the G6 is Chinese made while Polini are one of the top 2 stroke houses in Italy. When your second G6 goes bang it might be time to rethink! Let's see how the Thor turns out before coming to conclusions.

not speaking about anything other than chinese scooters currently on the market in the uk

they look ok they drive out the door ok.

they have a very high return rate, the quality is the worst on the market of any scooter.

if you can avoid and spend more money on something else you won't regret it.

This info is provided from a chain of 4 scooter shops in London, who fix anything and sell Italian. To me it represents a considered opinion.

good luck if you go Chinese

Simon

not speaking about anything other than chinese scooters currently on the market in the uk

they look ok they drive out the door ok.

they have a very high return rate, the quality is the worst on the market of any scooter.

if you can avoid and spend more money on something else you won't regret it.

This info is provided from a chain of 4 scooter shops in London, who fix anything and sell Italian. To me it represents a considered opinion.

good luck if you go Chinese

Simon

I had a go on a chinses scooter once, it was rubbish, only problem was half hour later I wanted another go :D

• 2 weeks later...

Polini is the better motor for sure. Big factory full of designers and engineers who know what they are doing. Thor engine has very linear torque making it lovely for flying not any sudden jumps in power right where you want to cruise level.

We have a few X-Generations coming in. These are the paramotor of choice for Polini, all the flight testing was carried out on the X-Gen and it was on display on the polini stand so some of you who went to Coupe Icare last year probably already seen them. Full 64kg thrust from the 130 Carbon prop, alot of paramotors still only offering the 125 prop this affects thrust and economy. Its only 23.8kg all up. Rigid frame but also fits in a suit case. Its the best Polini deal about at only £3795 all up inc vat + free delivery what more can you ask for (< dont answer that!)

Even a trike option.

I already have a used Custom Air Titanium Black Devil part ex for sale £3k ono. going on ebay at some point. And a H&E 120 £2k ono.