The price of motors.

£1000 for a rad.it might be worth looking at other engines -vittorazzi or ross around £1200-1300 BUT LOADS MORE POWER THAN THE RAD.THERE IS A HANG GLIDER ON EBAY WITH A BRAND NEW RAD ENGINE WITH 130 PROP ETC £850 FOR THE LOT ONLY DONE 1HR.YOU COULD SELL THE WING AND TRIKE UNIT MAKING IT A VERY CHEAP ENGINE WORTH A LOOK//ENGINE/REDUCTION/TANK/THROTTLE £850.I MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN THE WING.TRIKE.SEE WHAT YOU THINK.its in the microlight section...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi yes looks good .Great idea but only thing is i not got the money at mo just payed for the paramotor frame :( . what i will do soon as i have i will put a post up that im looking for one and if you or any one sees something like that again all being well will go for it and sell the rest as i only will need an engine .. was Great idea and would of been ideal

Gutted!! Thanks though :wink:

'my friend has just done a diy paramotor. simmonini mini 2 with exhaust reduction etc and prop £1700. prop-se cage, tank harness, hang points, throttle etc £720. engine arrived direct from factory in 3 days, the rest from prop-se took 8 days, assembling it with him tomorrow. why pay more than £4K when you can have the dogs b's for that price'

Any chance of having some pics of the pro-se cage? Especially the engine mounting/harness points.

Kev

have some pics, will down load them, frame was good, however it seems not to be made out of dural ali, but ordinary ali, so i think it will crumble on a bad landing. if they made it out of dural and charged accordingally then a top unit.

unit will be ran this w/end, all wired up ready to go. harness was an apco one so no excitement there. quality of motor direct from factory, chroming on the pipe was poor, anodised parts was diffrent shades of blue, lots of scratches and mild rust on the silencer. if from a UK supplier you would have complained. prop was OK but had a repair above the centre boss, would not of effected anything but should have been sold as a second.

will report back.

Wonder if I could make up a frame out of stainless water tube, similar to the Bailey frame. Worked a treat on the cage I knocked up, but those anchor points would have to be good.

The cage cost me about £30 including the strimmer line, and even PB himself said nice things about it (bar the pigeon sh*t welding).

The tube is 15mm 0.6mm (not 100% sure on wall thickness, it was the thinner offering).

MIG welds fine, no exotic gas required.

Bending the main hoops was slightly problematic without a ring roller, but by the judicial application of brute force between several large heavy objects, a roughly circular shape prevailed.

Will try and get a picture or two

Oh, and made it in two, rather than four segments to increase strength.

Phil

We are working on a budget motor for the Polini Thor. Just because its budget, still want a good power plant.

With the Polini Thor fitted (not the cheapest motor) we will still be about £3250. Current model has no welding at all, can be completely self maintained. Not ready for mass production yet. But its a heads up for you.

Most of all the different engines fit in. The cheapest engine makes a whole paramotor at £2300 but that is the Chinese nasty copy engine jobs. Real engines go complete from £2800 ish

and no it is not the quality of the other motors we have. Kobra PPG, X-Generation, MikaLight, Titanium Cruiser, Higher quality comes at a cost.

All will be revealed soon enough. Much work to be done. Developing plastic parts, carbon and titanium, all fun stuff.

Vince. (up to my neck in it as usual)

£1000 for a rad.it might be worth looking at other engines -vittorazzi or ross around £1200-1300 BUT LOADS MORE POWER THAN THE RAD.THERE IS A HANG GLIDER ON EBAY WITH A BRAND NEW RAD ENGINE WITH 130 PROP ETC £850 FOR THE LOT ONLY DONE 1HR.YOU COULD SELL THE WING AND TRIKE UNIT MAKING IT A VERY CHEAP ENGINE WORTH A LOOK//ENGINE/REDUCTION/TANK/THROTTLE £850.I MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN THE WING.TRIKE.SEE WHAT YOU THINK.its in the microlight section...

Is this the RAKET 120 AERO ES-RD or is it the RAKET 120 AERO ES in that listing . whats the diffrence between them ?

Thanks

ENGINE WISE NO DIFFERENCE.REDUCTION MIGHT BE DIFFERENT IT MAY HAVE THE LARGER REDUCTION TOP PULLEY AS FITTED TO FLPHG.BUT THATS THE REDUCTION I WOULD USE FOR PPG WITH A 130 PROP THE POWER OF THE FLPHG ENGINE IS MORE THURST THAN WITH NORMAL PPG REDUCTION.PLUS IT HAS QUICK RELEASE PROP HUB.IVE FOUND ON MY FLPHG IN THURST TESTS THAT WAS THE CASE.

Gaz heres a pic of a rad in a frame you can see plate and rubber bobbin on the the top of the engine.one on the other side.and fit one in the flywheel cover useing a smal plate either side of the cover,make sure you fit the one in the flywheel cover so it wont touch the flywheel.you should have the plate already on the engine.if not a small peice of metal angle iron or alloy plate will do just shape the edges to look nice..or buy the plate from rad sweden..

573363fc7f5d5_3(Small)(Small).jpg.6fbcc8

The tube is 15mm 0.6mm (not 100% sure on wall thickness, it was the thinner offering).

MIG welds fine, no exotic gas required.

Bending the main hoops was slightly problematic without a ring roller, but by the judicial application of brute force between several large heavy objects, a roughly circular shape prevailed.

Will try and get a picture or two

Oh, and made it in two, rather than four segments to increase strength.

Phil

Hi. Phil where did you get the pipe from as I Need some to repair my pap cafe and can only find thick walled water pipe which is way too heavy.

Pete b

Gaz heres a pic of a rad in a frame you can see plate and rubber bobbin on the the top of the engine.one on the other side.and fit one in the flywheel cover useing a smal plate either side of the cover,make sure you fit the one in the flywheel cover so it wont touch the flywheel.you should have the plate already on the engine.if not a small peice of metal angle iron or alloy plate will do just shape the edges to look nice..or buy the plate from rad sweden..

thanks for that I think I get it now .

. keep me posted how you get on I saw your things yesterday . massive wing .. ;-)

Ok the prop spacer will be easy to get or make.the exhaust looks like its been cut and modded to suit the trike so it may not fit your frame i may be wrong but there are lots of cheap rad exhausts around.or you can fit the high power one they are quiter and look nice.step 1 fit the engine.step 2 sort the prop spacer.step 3 exhaust.step 4 fly///////there is a rad exhaust on skyads or try manchester paragliders paul sold me a high power exhaust when i needed one..

• 2 weeks later...

I want to transplant my Radbe Raket 120 into another frame so I can use a larger prop now I m a fatboy.

Was told that people might have old Rad Arrow frames knocking around in garages so I put an add on the board but had no responses yet.

My alternatives are to find a locally built copy of a Rad frame, or a builder who could make a frame to fit the Rad and a 120-130cm prop or as a last resort build my own.

The main problem to the last option is that I don't have a ring roll bender for making either a single hoop or dual hoop frame. Have a friend with a garage and welding/ meltal working gear but no roll bender.

Is the stainless water tubing ok for cages? I had sourced 4130 cromoly for the job if I was going to attempt it but this would mean tig welding.

Anyone who built or had a frame built pass on any tips?

Cheers,

Glenn