Welcome

custom-vince

I have a field near me Sible Hedingham, Essex and another usable site in Sudbury, Suffolk. Also a grass takeoff patch next to Mersea Beach, all are wind direction dependent to be ideal but all doable in most directions.

Like most flying sites, all spots are private and closely guarded secrets with permission required to fly.... But if you want to come meet and fly, PM me. Some sites are easier than others.

I have a field near me Sible Hedingham, Essex and another usable site in Sudbury, Suffolk. Also a grass takeoff patch next to Mersea Beach, all are wind direction dependent to be ideal but all doable in most directions.

Like most flying sites, all spots are private and closely guarded secrets with permission required to fly.... But if you want to come meet and fly, PM me. Some sites are easier than others.

Thanks Vince I will certainly take you up on that offer, just bought a li-po batery kit for my motor so need to get that fitted and sorted and will be up andrunning again, hope to see you in the skies sometime soon.

One of my Li-po kit off ebay? Give me a shout if you want some help (whether its mine of not), I am fitting a kit on monday to one of my titanium motors.

yes its one of yours, only bit that looks a bit scarey is the charging, read the instructions for the charger but still a bit unclear as what setting I will need.

Call me when you got a min 07932 373 570. Make sure you disconnect the charger unit within the paramotor. Keep the charger to 2 amps or less. 1 amp gives a more even charge but 2 amps is also ok.

The charger auto detects all the settings and all you have to do it tell it charging amp then hold the button to start charging.

Lipo charge step by step.

Batt. Type = Choose 'LiPo'

press start.

right arrow till '2.0A'

press start.

left arrow till '14.8v 4s'

hold start and it will begin.

'4s' press start to confirm and it will begin charging.

If you are not sitting watching it and checking heat then connect the temp sensor. It will shut off if the temp rises. I have charged a few of these on this setting and temp never rise more than a couple of degrees. Not even warm to touch. Charging at 2.0Amps is just below 1c and the safest setting. In emergency situations they can be charged at 2c in half the time but must monitor batterys 2c is 4.0amps and charges twice as fast but will in time shorten cells life.

Update to intructions. The newer chargers like your has to lipo charge options. The first is a strait charge. The second is the one to use which is lipo balanced charge. It is a little slower but the best one to charge with. And you can see the difference when you check with the battery monitor as all cells are then the same voltage.

I also got 2 sets of these batteries. They are unbelevable power for the size.

My old lead acid was 2.7kilos. These new ones are 280gramms and have more cranking power.

So New instructions would be..........

Lipo charge step by step.

Batt. Type = Choose 'LiPo Balanced' <---- (new bit here)

press start.

right arrow till '2.0A'

press start.

left arrow till '14.8v 4s'

hold start and it will begin.

It should then remember these settings next time and you should only need to select Lipo Balanced.

2.0A and 14.8V will still be set.

Cheers

Mikey

Yoy should always balance your li po cells before charging. I use li po's in some of my rc planes amazing things but always be care full with them. Make sure you dont get them wet. Never use a damaged one if the cells look swollen at all dont use it. I had one in my mini combat wing that burst in a ball of flames after a good mid air. I always charge mine in a strong metal box which is lined.

Hi guy's i am not sure on the make or bat config you have but i would have a loook at this product just in case things do go wrong you can use them for charging and what i think would be a good idea if you use then i flight.

http://www.liposack.com/

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Also may i add that its not the charge rate you have to think about when buying lipo's it also the disgharge rate as well.

The packs I have been using have a peak discharge of 60 to 65c and are all fitted in safe lipo bag. They in standard use get 5 to 10 seconds when starting a motor. I have tested them over 2 mins with no heat gain and was more worried about my starter motor. Been ok in use for many months. Thus far.

Will be looking at larger packs for our electric paramotor motor.