What do you like/dislike about your paramotor?

Good point about where the prop is with relationship to the netting.

I guess a design with both cage fully covering the prop and the prop far from fingers is the way to go.

With small enough netting so that a hand or fingers cant get to the prop!

What if the second hoop on the flat top was extended a bit further back, so it covered the prop?

The flat top is still the safest unit out there though.

Mikey :D

Good point about where the prop is with relationship to the netting.

I guess a design with both cage fully covering the prop and the prop far from fingers is the way to go.

With small enough netting so that a hand or fingers cant get to the prop!

What if the second hoop on the flat top was extended a bit further back, so it covered the prop?

The flat top is still the safest unit out there though.

Mikey :D

can someone explain to me how the flat top has been deemed to be the safest motor, I dont get how that conclusion can be made, dont get me wrong I am not knocking them but cant see why they would be considered safer than others.

Also if you fall forward on the flat top, the comfort bars will stop you getting face planted.

Also the netting is the strongest out there, made of Kevlar I think. Its part of the structure.

The cage has zero flex.

Underneath is a designed crumple zone. In case of a hard landing.

Quick release strap system.

Etc...

Mikey

Dave this was not aimed at you I was referencing "imasuper" but I think he sells them.

Tom :D:D

I think that imasuper is half the problem Tom.

The FT's are compelling motors, but many folks simply get put off by the way SuperDell / imasuper harks on about them in all his video clips.

There is no doubt the guy is a talented pilot :

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

but would you want him living next door to you ? :roll:

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

Pesonally would much prefer to see some video footage of (FlatTop) Dave's adventures over Dartmoor with his own FT...

Andy

No worries Tom. We're ok.

You might see some of todays adventures. My brother took some footage of me footdragging in the snow. I'm pretty crap at it but twas fun trying. It might be over 10 mins so I have to work out how to youtube it. Will try later.

The air was smooth. Almost nil wind and was very aware of my wake because I flew through it several times. Wish I'd had a snow board ! And a head cam !!!

Dave

Also if you fall forward on the flat top, the comfort bars will stop you getting face planted.

Also the netting is the strongest out there, made of Kevlar I think. Its part of the structure.

The cage has zero flex.

Underneath is a designed crumple zone. In case of a hard landing.

Quick release strap system.

Etc...

Mikey

all sounds good, do they make a slightly less powerfull and lighter one for us shortarses?

They do 5 engine variations Dave. The 120 weighs less than 23 kgs. The 160 is about 27 kgs. Mine and the super 200 are 29 kgs and I think the 33 hp EVO is 31 kgs. How heavy are you Dave ? You a strong chap. Height's not a big issue. Bill Heaner is 10 stone and about 5' 4" . He flew mine here and on the large 26 m Atis wing. Never seen anything like it. Took our breath away. Got some footage somewhere.

Dave

They do 5 engine variations Dave. The 120 weighs less than 23 kgs. The 160 is about 27 kgs. Mine and the super 200 are 29 kgs and I think the 33 hp EVO is 31 kgs. How heavy are you Dave ? You a strong chap. Height's not a big issue. Bill Heaner is 10 stone and about 5' 4" . He flew mine here and on the large 26 m Atis wing. Never seen anything like it. Took our breath away. Got some footage somewhere.

Dave

I am 79kg Dave :D

PS: how far are you from hope cove?

Tom

Forums are for the sharing of information..Rest assured that I enjoy reading everyones posts.. aswell as sharing my findings.

Dave

hmmm, still waiting lol, liked the other post where you sit yourself down 40 miles in front and i quote " Then he pulls his tank and runs to get petrol, easily,at the nearest fuel station" oh Iye taken up marathon running than have we ha ha .

Dont you put gas in them Dave?.

Hi Alan. Owzit gwain bay ? Yes I forgot it's a yank. You still enjoying that Fusion Mate ?

Absolutely Dave i have put some miles on it now flown in fog and snow with it.

It handles superb launches spot on and i have lost a stone in weight so i am getting closer to my all up freeflying weight ready for my summer siv coarse.

Dont delay buy one to day Dave you know it makes sense, Alan.

Si

The 26 was way big enough for me at 16 stone. 15 now. Hoping to drop to 14 again. Cabbage soup ! :roll:

Dave

Dave i fly the 29 if you fly a 26 with your B52 bomber you will land like a bullet on nil wind days but the main reason i bought the 29 was the free flying all up weight.

My equipment and weights as follows: Parajet macro 30kg

Fusion 29 9kg

Fat lard arse 96kg

clothing 5kg

reserve/instruments 4kg

12 litres fuel 9kg?

This comes up at 153kg now i know you dont count your fuel but i have had to land sometimes just after take off which on a nil wind day led to a fast landing that i could not level out no brake travel left next time i will take a rap.

That said on most nil wind days i need to take a rap as i always come in fast and i have tried many different settings and that is after burning the fuel off.

So a 26 would be faster i would have thought my observations only though.

What do you like/dislike about your paramotor? Are you happy with its weight, power, strength, reliability, fuel consumption, cost, etc?

How does it compare to other paramotors (if any) that you've used?

H&E R120

Like the steel cage on mine, have bent it back into shape after a couple of stumbles.

Like the clutch, has saved my prop a couple of times (see above)

Like the economy with the bigger prop

Like the price compared with other motors

Like the power, even with a smaller prop it throws me into the air

Like the weight, or lack of it

Like the availability of parts (don't like having to buy them though)

Dislike the comfort, gets a bit tiring after an hour or so in the seat.

Dislike the size, has to be broken down to transport

Just been out for a pie and pint so I'm working on it, the Parajet was noticeably more comfortable than the H&E, I'm not saying the H&E is uncomfortable but I do notice myself wiggling a bit to stay happy. Roads are crap here so not gone to a field this year to fly, have a nice pair of heated gloves to try out !! am hoping Simon secures a field with winter car access at Lambourn soon or I won't be flying from there for a few months, have to stick to Guildford instead.