Low Flying over RSPB reserve.

I have received complaints of very low flying paramotors over the RSPB reserve near Storrington in West Sussex.

The wardens have been advised to contact the police immediately and also to photograph the paramotors should the incursion be repeated.

Many Thanks

Steve Purdie

AIRWORKS

T: 01273 858108

M: 07917 108858

Hi Steve, and welcome to the site. (shame its for poo reasons)

Thanks for letting us know about this, I am not sure if we have people in that area but it is highly likely that if not, someone will know who it is / was.

If it is you, or your reading this.. My I suggest that you go and own up, say sorry and spread the word to avoid the area. (you should of course have seen it on your air map!)

We just have to keep on top of this stuff for the sake of what we love!

SW :D

Hi

Hands up :oops: it was me and a friend of mine. That was the first time i have flown out of this site and there is nothing on my air chart. we flew out of pulbrough and along the river Arun at low altitude and then down to the downs. We were never under 500ft over any house or building. we headed east along the downs ridge and had to turn back as the wind was picking up. I was on full trim and going no where!! so i had to put on speed bar and get low as there was very little wind under 800ft.

I have been in contact with steve p and i have also just got off the phone to the RSPB to say sorry and have left my number if the warden want to contact me.

All the best

Morgy :oops:

Thanks simon

It was a shame as it was such a nice flight! Ihave to say in my defence b4 any of you shoot me down. That the river arun was in flood and all the surrounding fields were also in flood and frozen so there was no one around. Also there was nothing on the air map to show an RSPB site in the area. It was only on the way back that i was low over the RSPB site That i now know the location of.

Respect due

If there was nothing on the chart then you were not to know other than from local knowledge that is not always given or avalable.

This will now work for for us rather than against us as you have shown that we are responsable pilots and hold our hands up when we make mistakes.

remember EVERYONE makes mistakes at some time or other.

Well done

It would be a great idea if someone with the tech savvy were to collate a national database of such sensitive areas. I know that the balloonatics have/had a paper version of something of the sort...

Many Thanks

Steve Purdie

AIRWORKS

T: 01273 858108

M: 07917 108858

Should be simple enough....

If its a case of finding the source data ( which I have found) and 'presenting' it in a way which is simple to see / read... no prob's I recon..

SW :D