shropshire flight

Nice mellow flight over shropshire- landing looks a bit dodgy because the master kill switch fell apart and I had to land with the motor running- not nice!

Good old gilo was very sympathetic and helped me fix everything gratis even though the unit is quite old, you dont get service like that anymore!!

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]

cracking spot si...

wheres the t/o field?... is it a private field.. or could me and a couple of buds try it ?

thanks... ( our field is like the battle of the somme!! due to the weather )

Sorry guys the airfield belongs to the RAF and the miserable wa*kers won’t even let me fly from it and I am in the RAF!! :evil: I had a quick "check flight" one weekend then made the decision to ask the Wing commander Ops at RAF Shawbury for permission to use it- big mistake! Apparently they will let paragliders winch launch every few weekends but not paramotors. I will keep an eye out for the guy getting posted and ask the next one he may say yes, you never know.

Like it, which camera did you use ?

Hi Dan,

The camera is the new GoPro Hero HD about £300 but well worth it. The normal (non HD) GoPro is about £150 both are excellent cameras. Have a look on youtube for some great GoPro professional vids (unlike my ropey efforts ha ha ha!)

cracking spot si...

wheres the t/o field?... is it a private field.. or could me and a couple of buds try it ?

I will keep an eye out for the guy getting posted and ask the next one he may say yes, you never know.

hi si,

thanks for that.... i presume being so close to shawbury that you were in airspace??

the vid is cool... alot better than my shaky attempt!!... where did you mount the cam??

cracking spot si...

I will keep an eye out for the guy getting posted and ask the next one he may say yes, you never know.

hi si,

thanks for that.... i presume being so close to shawbury that you were in airspace??

the vid is cool... alot better than my shaky attempt!!... where did you mount the cam??

Hi macey

I was well outside shawburys airspace- I dont use a radio so I never go into controlled air, the wing commander was just being a dick!

Camera came with a elastic head band and bracket and its mounted above my forehead in the middle.

Picture here: http://www.goprocamera.com/index.php?area=2&productid=29#

It is a lot easier to take shake free shots as the lens is wide angle but you need to remember to turn your head slowly or the image moves so fast it gives you motion sickness when you try to edit the vid later!!

Cheers

Si

• 6 years later...

Hi Si,

are you still at Shawbury? I'm posted back (having had many hours at said field in Gazelles, Wessex, Squirrels and Griffins over the years) but OC Ops is tied by RAF-wide bureaucracy, so no chance there... I am looking for suitable sites close to Wem, but thought I would check here before knocking on farmers doors with bottles of whiskey...

Yours,

Simon