Con

garyfreefly

Yaesu vx-3e

I rang northern paragliders and said I wanted to buy a yaesu vx -3e so I could use it to talk to all the microlighters who fly around my location....(I am one somtimes myself) so a radio that would enable me to speak to both paragliders and microlighters would be very handy.....

when it came however I find it is not possible to transmit on air band with this radio.....after ringing northern paragliding they said it wouldnt without me doing a illegal modification :evil: they couldnt tell me how to modifiy it because they didnt know how to :evil: what a brilliant con.......can anybody tell me how or who can modify this radio otherwise it goes back to them quicktime the term been had comes to mind :oops:

eternal thanks for that.....although I will have to read the procedure a few times so in sinks into my brain cells.....so I dont f**k it up.....

I would rather somebody who knew what they were doing Do it....but if not I will have a go once I have built up enough courage :(

ps I will probably be asking does anybody know where I can get a Yaesu radio repaired in my next post :roll:

eternal thanks for that.....although I will have to read the procedure a few times so in sinks into my brain cells.....so I dont f**k it up.....

I would rather somebody who knew what they were doing Do it....but if not I will have a go once I have built up enough courage :(

ps I will probably be asking does anybody know where I can get a Yaesu radio repaired in my next post :roll:

I would think anythig like the above would invalidate your warrenty should you have any problems with the radio in the future

If you can read Italian (or get it translated) here are the instructions with pictures...

http://www.kb2ljj.com/data/yaesu/vx3e.pdf

Personally I don't think you'll need to do the full unlock to get access to frequencies you won't need so the following from that first link is probably all you'll need to do...

tx from 140-174 & 420-470 remove jumper!!!!and do master reset! Reset is:

Microprocessor Reset on Page 128 of the Manual kills all memories and settings Microprocessor Reset on Page 128 of the Manual kills all memories and settings

Power Off Power Off

Hold [MODE] + [V/M] and Power On Hold [MODE] + [V / M] and Power On

Press [F/W] Press

That was all I needed to do to sort out a VX7r for a friend a few years ago.

Good job I speak fluent welsh.... :shock: it helped me with the Italian :D then because I have managed to get it sorted out :idea:

I can now transmit on all the frequencys I need to

Job done .....I was very nervous about fiddling with something I didnt fully understand

(I am the same with my girlfriend) :wink:

I now need a large whisky to calm myself down......

• 2 weeks later...

As has been discussed previously on this forum, please remember that although the VX3 will receive AM airband frequencies with the MARS/CAP mods, it will still transmit on FM which is of no real use. It is fine if you just want the FM capabilities on other bands though.

There is also a software hack that allows you to access MARS/CAP frequencies by hooking the VX3 to your PC and ticking the appropriate box.