Flying today - YES

A cool one, both for actually making use of the weather window and that it was only 5°.

I got stopped by the Gendarmes and breathalysed on the way to the field, as IF I'd have had a drink prior to flying - NOT.

No it was just a random check, look at documents and blow in the bag, thankyou.

The sky was a bif grey but did a text book forward (hoorah) and I was up and away.

Flying into wind I thought I'd just do a large circuit of Prissac, this is the first pic into wind

P1000697.jpg

I flew a little closer to Prissac and got a good shot of the village

P1000699.jpg

Notice the smoke on the left hand side coming up from someones bonfire. I flew around for a little more and took a shot of the L'Abloux river, just to show how winding it is. It amazes me how twisting the course is.

P1000701.jpg

On the way round the other side of the circuit I spotted a fish in the field, well almost.

fish.jpg

Just one fingertip was getting cold at this time, rather annoyingly, but great to be in the air.

Back home and a glass of Jenlain beer, just perfek :wink:

Cheers,

Alan

Great to hear that conditions over there allowed you to get in a flight Alan - even if it was a bit nippy.

On the way round the other side of the circuit I spotted a fish in the field, well almost.
Hah - amazing how different every day items can look from the air :lol:

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Andy

The flag pole also saw some action today at long last!!

I had two great flights in silky smooth air.

Worth dragging myself into the cold for :-)

I am sure Spigot has some vids.

SW :D

Looks and sounds purfik!!!

Was it cold Alan? Just that I think about flying but then brrr feels just cold on the ground and I dread to think what its like up there?

Mike

It's not as bad as you might think. A flying suit is essential, I had my medium weight gloves on so why only one fingertip was cold I don't know. I had two pairs of socks on so my feet were fine.

Even though my face is exposed I only really felt the cold on the back of the neck, above the suit collar, when I was scanning around for lookout.

The flag pole also saw some action today at long last!!

I had two great flights in silky smooth air.

Worth dragging myself into the cold for :-)

SW :D

Glad to hear you got some flying in Simon, what with the boredom. Didn't have silky air like you did, I'm almost looking forward to it getting colder to get the smooth air.

bet it was nice to be up again ?

Oh yes :!:

Cheers,

Alan