dk

jock

Got the dk frame back.engine mount on.have to wait till i get the prop back before i mount engine.some small probs to sort out=fit carb so it missus the frame tube.re route the exhaust..looking at the weather looks like ive got plenty of time to sort it....

573363f34f76f_GTi180(Small).jpg.abe2449a

573363f390deb_GTi175(Small).jpg.3a7032b9

Looking good indeed.

The center hub looks like its a little low at the moment? not central...

But I hate it when people are critical about things when they have not done it themselfs. ;-)

SW :D

Looking good indeed.

But I hate it when people are critical about things when they have not done it themselfs. ;-)

I would presume that the reduction will be above the crank so as to put the prop centrally in the cage.

Looking good indeed.

Si, I take it you did not read the bit about having to get the prop back before mounting the engine? :D

Si, I take it you did not read the bit about having to get the prop back before mounting the engine? :D

I did yes, but just looked and thought the mounts were going to be long... but Pete B has hit the nail on the head I think.

pete has indeed hit the nail simon, the engine is not bolted in yet,i need the reduction plate and prop before i can center the engine,thats the bottom pulley in the pic the center of the top pulley should be in the middle of the cage when i fit it.theres not a lot of room in the dk frame for the prop.so it needs to be spot on.ive aloud for rubber spacers to raise the engine even though i didnt get any vibration in the other frame and that was with no rubber mounts. whats all this talk about rubber///// its going to look tasty in this frame...

this is how it will sit in the frame,i have some strong exhaust strap that i will bed the engine on,it will take the vibration its 25m thick i think it will work.will have exhaust cut and silencer on 2morro,looking good,,,i dont know about the welds might crack,im cracked/////

573363f398e94_GTi181(Small).jpg.a87391ba

this is how it will sit in the frame,i have some strong exhaust strap that i will bed the engine on,it will take the vibration its 25m thick i think it will work.will have exhaust cut and silencer on 2morro,looking good,,,i dont know about the welds might crack,im cracked/////

I dont think your tank is wide enough :roll:

It should stop a lot of air reaching the prop?

I think the rubber mounts are there to take the vibration stresses away from the metal joints, to prevent (cracking welds) and so on.

Check that the rubber mounts do not allow the prop to hit the cage due to torque from the engine. A problem Parajets have suffered with in the past.

Looking good, well done.

I have an old solo 210 engine from a microlite I still have which I am considering doing something with.

Whitters.

I think the rubber mounts are there to take the vibration stresses away from the metal joints, to prevent (cracking welds) and so on.

Check that the rubber mounts do not allow the prop to hit the cage due to torque from the engine. A problem Parajets have suffered with in the past.

Looking good, well done.

I have an old solo 210 engine from a microlite I still have which I am considering doing something with.

Whitters.

Rich if you ever consider getting rid of the solo engine, let me know.

Dave