The Higest High

From Lambourne you can see the Bristol Channel, Isle of Wight and, on a very clear day, Cherbourg from that height and all the way down past Dorset.

Another advantage at that height can be the wind direction and strength if you are going on a mission.

What was the wind doing at 7.5G? my guess is it was stronger than at the T/O and more from the East?, so a good height to go to Cornwalll!

Murphys law sounds about right with the camera, have to make sure it stays in the pocket of my flying suit from now on. Wind was quite strong at height, I was making no headway South as it had skewed round to a Southerly so I could have turned 180 and made Coventry in an hour. Just had a play with a wind chill calculator and it had definately gone into minus numbers hence my reluctance to stay for any length of time. I believe windchill only affects humans not the machine as Simons Parajet was still climbing with ease although rate of climb was starting to slow just a little. Thanks again for the loan Simon and apologies for returning it on fumes :wink: am starting to like it a lot......

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...