Weekend 16 - 18 Oct

Eddie

I have a golden weekend pass this weekend. My lovely wife has ASKED ME to book the caravan in Common Leys Farm for the weekend so she can do some work and I can go off flying.

Weather permitting; are you or anyone else flying this weekend?

Cheers

Tony & lovely wife

I have, at last, fixed my motor and have my wing back so I am available this weekend.

Off work at moment with some bug or other but expect to be okay by Friday.

Will see who else responds and sort something out.

Are you ready for a X country yet?

Eddie

Yes he is as I will be down at lambourne and I want to see his landing there :D

Yes he is as I will be down at lambourne and I want to see his landing there

Yes I am - As long as you have a sand pit the size of the Sarah Desert there to land in. :)

Tony

I can put out a square of sand paper for you mate!

SW :D

I'm up for that too. :) Is the plan to make a return trip or just one way? I'd probably only want to fly one way, if anyone else feels the same perhaps we could get our heads together and organise some recovery transport.

Has anyone got a Lat/long for the current Lambourn field?

Regards.

Ken.

All the signs are are good for a flight down to the flagpole on Saturday but wind direction (NNE) and gusts up to 18mph will probably make it a one way trip.

We need groundcrew with a van if a few of us are going.

At the moment I will be going (if kit checks out okay) with Fast Eddie, Ken and Tony.

Anybody else want to come along?

Can we get a man with a van to get us back?

Eddie

All the signs are are good for a flight down to the flagpole on Saturday but wind direction (NNE) and gusts up to 18mph will probably make it a one way trip.

We need groundcrew with a van if a few of us are going.

At the moment I will be going (if kit checks out okay) with Fast Eddie, Ken and Tony.

Anybody else want to come along?

Can we get a man with a van to get us back?

Eddie

Do you want me to put the trailer on the car, I can get three people in maybe four with a squeeze

(peugot 306)

I would offer...

But my trusty Landy has eaten its own gearbox. Soz guys.

Sorry to hear that Simon.

Does that mean you are without wheels ?

Andy

For the moment yes. :-(

I do have a mate though at Keith Gott Landrovers who I am sure will help me out. I am calling him after 0900.

I have a golden weekend pass this weekend. My lovely wife has ASKED ME to book the caravan in Common Leys Farm for the weekend so she can do some work and I can go off flying.

My apologies first for missing the weekend – I hope someone had a good flight.

My Golden weekend turned to a Black Weekend.

Thursday evening, Jan was eating some wild (from Mother-in-laws garden) hazelnuts. I sneaked around and pinched one – bad move.

Within 5 minutes the whole of my right side of my mouth was swollen so I took some antihistamines. Then a few minutes later, Jan had tingling lips and started to feel very weird – pulse and heart.

I phone 999 and a paramedic in a car and a ambulance turned up. During that time my throat was very swollen and Jan had pains in her chest.

After examination we were both pumped with 1ml adrenaline, hooked to an ECG machine and blue lighted to hospital.

Appears that we both had anaphylactic shock…. That followed by constant monitoring, steroids and more *removed by admin*, with a few blood tests taken for platelets/liver checks.

We were both discharged after 24 hrs with more *removed by admin* and with being diagnosis of allergy to nut Fungus, which grew on the nuts after a two week period.

Plenty of micky had taken from the nurses – ‘Buy one and get one free’ and ‘poison by the Mother-in-Law’ etc.

In all a shit weekend and hoping for good weather and ‘nut free’ for the next.

Did anybody go flying or do a XC in the end?

Tony

:shock::mrgreen:

Hope you have a complete and quick recovery Tony. Apparently the Saturday and Sunday was good but like you l couldn't make it in the end (other committments and all that) but hope to get to the flag next weekend if the weather perks up a bit.

Good wishes to both of you

regards Mike 8)

My apologies first for missing the weekend – I hope someone had a good flight.

My Golden weekend turned to a Black Weekend.

Thursday evening, Jan was eating some wild (from Mother-in-laws garden) hazelnuts. I sneaked around and pinched one – bad move.

Within 5 minutes the whole of my right side of my mouth was swollen so I took some antihistamines. Then a few minutes later, Jan had tingling lips and started to feel very weird – pulse and heart.

I phone 999 and a paramedic in a car and a ambulance turned up. During that time my throat was very swollen and Jan had pains in her chest.

After examination we were both pumped with 1ml adrenaline, hooked to an ECG machine and blue lighted to hospital.

Appears that we both had anaphylactic shock…. That followed by constant monitoring, steroids and more *removed by admin*, with a few blood tests taken for platelets/liver checks.

We were both discharged after 24 hrs with more *removed by admin* and with being diagnosis of allergy to nut Fungus, which grew on the nuts after a two week period.

Plenty of micky had taken from the nurses – ‘Buy one and get one free’ and ‘poison by the Mother-in-Law’ etc.

In all a shit weekend and hoping for good weather and ‘nut free’ for the next.

Did anybody go flying or do a XC in the end?

Tony

:shock::mrgreen:

Glad you are well Tony, I take it both yourself and Jan will be steering clear of nuts in the future.

Dave

Thanks guys for all the thanks. We had a slow weekend, but feeling a lot better now.

Yep, will be the last time I put any furry nuts in my mouth. Problem is the wife is saying the same.

My son visited us in hospital and gave us a little present – A bar of Cadburys wholenut. What a lovely son I have.

Tony

My son visited us in hospital and gave us a little present – A bar of Cadburys wholenut. What a lovely son I have.

Tony

:lol::lol:

Really glad you're both OK Tony.

That's a new one to me, nut fungus, I will watch out for it as we have walnut trees.

Cheers,

Alan