Paramotor Club Xmas doo. 2009

Half of the tickets for this amazing party are now gone.

I would like to see more of the newer pilots / students there, (you know who you are :D )

If your thinkng of coming, dont leave it too much longer. :-)

SW :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a ticket as I was due to be in the UK over the time of the party but the trip has been cancelled. Therefore if anyone wants a free ticket it's yours, as long as Simon will accept the e-mail receipt as proof as the actual ticket will be in the ever increasing pile of mail on my door mat!

Alan.

Ticket claimed. have a beer for me!

Alan

Thanks so much for your kind generosity Alan.

unfortuntely my misses has just checked the date on the theartre tickets I bought her for her birthday and they are for the same evening as the doo, so I am afraid i am not going to be able to make it :cry::cry::cry:

so the free ticket is up for grabs once again.

All,

The party of the year is in 6 days from now!! Yippppeeeeee....

Details for the PMC Xmas party are:-

Shrivenham Bowls Club.

95, Barrington Road

Watchfield

Swindon

SN6 8TN

01793 784328

All are welcome!

I will be there from 19:00 (after hopefully flying during the day) The awards will be given after the food.

5 tickets are going to be booked today 'I am told' which means we will only have 5 tickets left!! (go on... you know you want to)

http://www.paramotorclub.org/catalog/pr ... cts_id/152

All,

The weather on the day of the doo, (19th) although a little early to get excited... is looking like a good flying day. :-)

So those that can, please do bring flying kit during the day.

All,

The weather on the day of the doo, (19th) although a little early to get excited... is looking like a good flying day. :-)

So those that can, please do bring flying kit during the day.

Simon - the weather is looking fabulous today !

How many of you are planning on flying ?

If so will you be at the Flagpole or Red Barn site, as I can head over a bit earlier to get some pictures...

Cheers,

Andy

Well,

I have just been for a nice XC and went past the flag pole on my way back and there is not a sole in site. (not even Colin who said he would meet me there) lazy bar stuard! :evil:

So, I have just landed in the back field, I am going to chill now as it looks as though no one is coming.

Well,

I have just been for a nice XC and went past the flag pole on my way back and there is not a sole in site. (not even Colin who said he would meet me there) lazy bar stuard! :evil:

So, I have just landed in the back field, I am going to chill now as it looks as though no one is coming.

good flight? did you get any pics?

Well,

Only wish I could have made it today, I may have even managed my first flight!!!........

Today has been a complete nightmare, I've got problems with the car and was going to be coming up in the firms Transit van.....Got told it was needed elsewhere at the last minute......So stuck here with no transport!! :evil:

Anyway, hope everyone has a good time at the doo........ :(

Not as many as last year but the Xmas doo was brilliant, good food, good company. Alas some could not make it due to the weather or other committments. About 25 made it to the party.

After the meal Simon made several presentations to well deserving pilots in the way of a transparent plaque on a black base with the pilots name on them.

Resipients were: Norman, RAF Colin, Pete B, Eddie and Karan from Nepal.

These were given mainly for pilots who either have excelled in the sport or have given much help to others.

Pete B also got the broken prop on a wooden dias award accompanied by a candle (lit) in recognition of his much talked about flame landing (Glad your ankle is better also Pete).

Also was the mention that the PMC Club members have grown to the point where if we have another 200 members (tinks thats correct) we will be the biggest PPG Club.

Best wishes to all for the New Year and hope for good flyable weather

Mike

8)

Not as many as last year but the Xmas doo was brilliant, good food, good company. Alas some could not make it due to the weather or other committments. About 25 made it to the party.

After the meal Simon made several presentations to well deserving pilots in the way of a transparent plaque on a black base with the pilots name on them.

Resipients were: Norman, RAF Colin, Pete B, Eddie and Karan from Nepal.

These were given mainly for pilots who either have excelled in the sport or have given much help to others.

Pete B also got the broken prop on a wooden dias award accompanied by a candle (lit) in recognition of his much talked about flame landing (Glad your ankle is better also Pete).

Also was the mention that the PMC Club members have grown to the point where if we have another 200 members (tinks thats correct) we will be the biggest PPG Club.

Best wishes to all for the New Year and hope for good flyable weather

Mike

8)

Nicely put Mike !

Just wanted to second what Mike said, and thank Simon for organising a great evening.

Would also add that this newbie was made to feel very welcome, and spent most of the evening listening to various tales of thrills and (a surprising number of) s*removed by admin* !

It was great to meet so many of the core members and finally be able to put faces to forum handles.

Anyway here's looking at some decent weather early in the new year so that I can finally get airborne and enjoy a few thrills/s*removed by admin* of my own :D

Thanks again folks !

Andy