AdrianE Training Blog

adriane

Thought I'd start my blog after the most amazing day on Sunday with SimonW on the field near the Flagpole.

I've had 2 days already ground handling and 3rd day was Sunday the wind was blowing 7mph according to the forecast.

After a very rusty 30 minutes I finally found a became at one with the wing and my confidence is blooming. I must admit the other site next to the flagpole did help, there is something a little intimidating with the thought of trying to land on a hill. :?

A little sunburnt, very tired, aching and bruised, however I loved it, just wish I could have stayed all day as the evening looked just as good but a birthday clashed.

Looking forward to the next good weather and possibly going for the motor!

A little sunburnt, very tired, aching and bruised, however I loved it,

Very good to hear you enjoyed the start of training, one tends to forget how knackering it is to start with. As the technique improves it does become a lot easier and of course more enjoyable. :D

Cheers,

Alan

Thought I'd start my blog after the most amazing day on Sunday with SimonW on the field near the Flagpole.

I've had 2 days already ground handling and 3rd day was Sunday the wind was blowing 7mph according to the forecast.

After a very rusty 30 minutes I finally found a became at one with the wing and my confidence is blooming. I must admit the other site next to the flagpole did help, there is something a little intimidating with the thought of trying to land on a hill. :?

A little sunburnt, very tired, aching and bruised, however I loved it, just wish I could have stayed all day as the evening looked just as good but a birthday clashed.

Looking forward to the next good weather and possibly going for the motor!

sounds like you enjoyed it, all the aching and repetitiveness may sometimes be a bit of a pain but trust me it will all be worth it when your feet leave the ground under power for the first time :D

Dave

• 5 months later...

Day 4

After what seems an eternity the weather has improved and the rain has stopped. A quick call to Simon to confirm and a day back under the wing it is.

No need to recap, the handling comes back naturally and I'm loving every minute, still at the stage of "ready to fly" but the wind is gusting to 13mph and its very clear that it isnt going to happen at the minute. A quick break and some theory whilst its gusting. Ground handling is now perfect and I'm ready for the next good day.

Hopefully the break in the weather will remain and looking forward to the next training day :D

Yep, its been that long, at least I hadn't forgotten anything.

Not sure on timings this week, tomorrow is my wife's mum's birthday so have been told to keep that free. The rest of the week I have at least 3 days meetings booked. I'm still owed a days cancelled holiday so if its looking anygood on Friday I may have an option. At the minute Weather Pro still is showing windy/gusty conditions for the rest of the week.

However, during the next 3 weekends I already have booked a 3day weekend, followed by another 3 day weekend, followed by a 4 day weekend. I'm hoping for at least a couple of good days out of them? :roll:

Still saving (slowly) for kit - its going to be bottom end of the 2nd hand market prices. :(

• 3 weeks later...

A neighbour was asking me what made me want to paramotor - thought I would add on here as well.

For me it all started with the balloon fiesta about 10 years ago. They had a paramotor display and that made me go "I want to do that!".

Fast forward 10 years, nothing has progressed until.... I saw the video below. This was the final factor to give Simon a call and put the money in for the training.

For me this would be my ideal flight, I really cant wait to get off the ground some time soon (weather is frustrating) :D .

This is my favourite video on youtube, especially as its local!

[youtubevideo]

[/youtubevideo]