18th19 Sept flying

edwardc

The Oxford crew were about on Friday evening and the conditions were perfect. I was going to have a short flight but as I got in the air I noticed an hot air ballon on the rugby fields opposite Thame and couldn't resist it! (what is it about balloons that get us so excited?).

Flew to Thame at 17/18 mph and circled around the balloon and passed it coming back at 45mph! windier than I thought. All in all a good flight though.

Not so lucky yesterday though. Watched Tony (asquaddie) do a perfect launch in nil wind but had my first 'mishap' since I started Paramotoring. Nil wind launch and I wasn't quite ready to get in the seat (translation: 'got in the seat too early') and I dinked my propeller a bit as the picture shows:

IMG_1395.jpg

Couldn't find enough of it to repair so I will probably have to use my spare!

Will need a new tank as well.

Football today (com'on the Chelsea) so couldn't have flown anyway, but hope to be sorted soon.

Cheers

Eddie

Pete

Since when have you started calling me Edward?

Same bloke helped teach me as well but I must have forgotten what he told me!

Could do with those spare blades he used in France now LOL!

Dan

I thought about sending it to your mate James but I couldn't find most off it!

Dave

Tank is dented and the centre fixing hole was snapped out so it has a leak.

Looking for a replacement tank now. If not I will have to get one from Skydragons when they get back next week.

Cheers

Eddie

Good point Simon, never really considered the 'robustness' of this propellor. The fact that it is adjustable gives me that little bit extra thrust that I need (being 'big boned!').

Perhaps I will get a light prop as my back up and give it a go.

Alan

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It still hurts your wallet and ego though.

Certainly won't let it put me off.

Cheers

Eddie

Cheers Ed for the comments and Pete for the instructions for the previous week but it did feel good – I guess every launch feels good when you’re up there, just the technical of getting up there that change.

Just a shame that I was the only one to get up on that day – sorry guys, I had to add that. :) Ed – at least Chelsea won.

Will update my blog soon but a couple of first’s for me on Sunday and at the flyin – of course some forwards now, but also using the trimmers and TST steering for the first time and having a 55 minutes flight was good, which gave me more time to relax and enjoy. With a bit of venturing out and some sight seeing – gives you time to start flying at different heights.

Tony