Paramotor holidays

Please visit www.paramotorholidays.org to book on to future holidays.

SW :D

All,

This is a http://www.ParmotorClub.org event so all members are welcome.

PARAMOTOR ITALY 2008

Between the dates of 04-04-08 and 20-04-08 I have arranged for a van to be driven to Italy full of Paramotors. It will be stopping in a village near Feltre, Italy. Type exaclty that into Google earth. This place is just amazing!

The trip will be split into 2x 1 weeks and the maximum number of people on each trip is 10. (the exact dates will follow soon but both weeks will be inside of the dates above)

The flight will cost you £40

The trip will cost you £530 per head, and pays for Motor Transportation to and from Italy (Lambourn Paramotor Club for collection) We will collect you from your flights and take you back again. You will have a top notch B&B to stay in, and a full time ground crew, for landouts e.t.c, and a fully kitted tool chest with usefull items to fix a Paramotor.

Those who hill fly are welcome to bring hill wings of course.

Francis Rich has been to this place a number of times and is going to accompany us to ensure that everyone makes the best of there week in Italy, Consider him a Guide.

I will be on hand to help newer pilots.

Those intending to be on this trip will need to bring there motor to the club before the 04th and it will not be returning to the UK until the 22nd.

Please let me know ASAP if your interested in this, bottom line. Its £570 for a weeks flying YOUR kit in a top notch flying place, with people you know :D

I am taking names and deposits of £200 now, as soon as the 10 places are full they are full.

This is going to be just awesome! cant wait LOLOLOLOL Hey... I will have my S.A, Tandem rating by then :D :D

Here is a pic to tickle your fancy..

Feltre_1128132037772.jpg

SW :D

Edited by Guest

I'm going to do the honourable thing and offer my place to one of you guys, despite really wanting to go my second baby is due a couple of days before you fly out and I don't want to be in a departure lounge while my wife in in labour.....well I know where I would rather be but thats not where I should be :)

Just some background to this trip. I have been to this region with paragliding pilots and have made local contacts. The trip is going to be based here and at Castelluccio dates as below:-

4 drive out from Lambourn with your motors

5 Sat continue drive out and collect you from Treviso airport in late afternoon.

6 Sun You Fly in the Feltre to Belluno region (Piave valley) and surrounding mountains.

7 Mon as a 6

8 Tue as 6 and 7. we drive down on the evening of the 8th, 340 km, to....

9 wed Castelluccio. you Fly Castelluccio...

10 Thur ....and surrounding region all the way to....

11 Fr ......the coast and back (30 km).

12 sat Changeover Fly home from Rome airport. collect next group who fly in to Rome

13 Sun see 9th

14 Mon see 10th

15 Tue see 11th. drive up to Feltre - Belluno that evening.

16 Wed see 6th

17 Thur see 7th

18 Fri see 8th

19 sat return to Treviso airport fly home and motors get driven home

20 arrive in Blighty with motors at Lambourn by midnight!

So its a 2 centre trip for 2 sets of 1-week goups (but you can have 2 weeks if you want (see Simon for discount).

Hope that is clear!!!!!!

You will need to attend some pre-trip briefings regarding legalities of flying in Italy (not the same rules as here). Rule 1 YOU MUST HAVE £rd PARTY LIABILITY INSURANCE or they will shoot you on sight.

Weather:

Its Italy South of the Alps. It is lovely.

BUT if it is not the location has been chosen because between Feltre and Castelluccio is the lovely Bassano Del Grappa which is flyable on average 300 days a year. So we can just go there.

Obviously the weather is not within the power of the mighty Simon to control so that is at your risk. Feltre in April is mild and sometimes misty so Bassano might prove to be the venue for the northern part of the trip. Castelluccio is sometimes snow bound as late as April although in recent years not so much. The actual destination is Ascola Piceno which is much lower and just outside the Castellucio di Norcia ring of mountains. We will have alternatives in this region also, but if the weather looks dodgey down there and Bassano is good we will stay in the North.

Edited by Guest

Italian regulations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Synthesis of the actual regulations

Reading the various laws it isn't easy to understand exactly wath or who can fly. This is the reason why I wrote the following summary, leaving out the more elementary rules (e.g. ... it is forbidden to drop objects or liquids during flight!) and many other specific indications.

Obligations of crash helmet. During flight on all microlights it is compulsory to wear a protective helmet, rigid kind suitable for this kind of activity.

Characteristics of aircrafts. Maximum weight at take-off included seat belts, parachute, instruments:

single-seater with engine : Kg. 300 (350 for amphibians and water planes), stalling speed must not exceed 65 Km/p.h.

two-seater with engine Kg. 450 (500 for amphibians and water planes), stalling speed must not exceed 65 Km/p.h.

Two-seater. Use of two-seater vehicles is allowed for: instructors, pilots with a valid private license, pilots with at least 30 hours of flying experience as controller who have passed the necessary exam.

Use of aircraft for take off and landing. Is it possible to take off and land on any suitable area as long as you have the permission of the owner or responsible of such area. For any operation near civil airports a special authorization is necessary.

Flight operation limits. It is possible to fly all over national territory. It is prohibited to take sensors or any kind of cameras and telecameras aboard.

Identification of aircraft. All aircraft must have a metal plate with the identification number issued by the AeCI (Aero Club Italia). The same number must be fixed onto the underneath of the wing with letters that measure a minimum of 30x15 cm, in contrasting colour.

All identification documents must be kept on board. Any structural or colour modifications and changes of ownership must be comunicated to AeCI.

Circulation specifications. It is possible fly from dawn till sunset at a maximum height of 500 ft (150 meters); on Saturday and holidays at a maximum height of 1000 ft (300 meters) ; at a distance of 5 Km from airports not located within ATZ . Maximum height is considered that measured with respect to the highest point within a radius of 3 Km.

Ability certificate. In order to fly it is necessary to have such a certificate issued after a course with examination taken in a certified flying school togheter with specific medical examination.

Insurance. All aircraft must be covered by an insurance policy with a limit not less than 1 milliard of lira for accident, 1 milliard for person, 1 milliard for animals or objects.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italian regulations

Reading the various laws it isn't easy to understand exactly wath or who can fly. This is the reason why I wrote the following summary, leaving out the more elementary rules (e.g. ... it is forbidden to drop objects or liquids during flight!) and many other specific indications.

Obligations of crash helmet. During flight on all microlights it is compulsory to wear a protective helmet, rigid kind suitable for this kind of activity.

Characteristics of aircrafts. Maximum weight at take-off included seat belts, parachute, instruments:

single-seater with engine : Kg. 300 (350 for amphibians and water planes), stalling speed must not exceed 65 Km/p.h.

two-seater with engine Kg. 450 (500 for amphibians and water planes), stalling speed must not exceed 65 Km/p.h.

Two-seater. Use of two-seater vehicles is allowed for: instructors, pilots with a valid private license, pilots with at least 30 hours of flying experience as controller who have passed the necessary exam.

Use of aircraft for take off and landing. Is it possible to take off and land on any suitable area as long as you have the permission of the owner or responsible of such area. For any operation near civil airports a special authorization is necessary.

Flight operation limits. It is possible to fly all over national territory. It is prohibited to take sensors or any kind of cameras and telecameras aboard.

Identification of aircraft. All aircraft must have a metal plate with the identification number issued by the AeCI (Aero Club Italia). The same number must be fixed onto the underneath of the wing with letters that measure a minimum of 30x15 cm, in contrasting colour.

All identification documents must be kept on board. Any structural or colour modifications and changes of ownership must be comunicated to AeCI.

Circulation specifications. It is possible fly from dawn till sunset at a maximum height of 500 ft (150 meters); on Saturday and holidays at a maximum height of 1000 ft (300 meters) ; at a distance of 5 Km from airports not located within ATZ . Maximum height is considered that measured with respect to the highest point within a radius of 3 Km.

Ability certificate. In order to fly it is necessary to have such a certificate issued after a course with examination taken in a certified flying school togheter with specific medical examination.

Insurance. All aircraft must be covered by an insurance policy with a limit not less than 1 milliard of lira for accident, 1 milliard for person, 1 milliard for animals or objects.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/quote

Do we have to have the number on motor and wing?

Where do we get number?

What documents?

Should this read MINIMUM hight and not maximum

Do you need a qualification and medical?

Simon how much for both weeks?

Pete b

Italian regulations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/quote

Do we have to have the number on motor and wing? NO

Where do we get number? SEE ABOVE

What documents? INSURANCE (CALL ON RISK IT WILL COST £65 IF YOU TELL THEM YOU ARE A PARAMOTORCLUB MEMBER)

Should this read MINIMUM hight and not maximum (NOT SURE BUT AT A GUESS, YES, I recon Ignor it until we know for a FACT.)

Do you need a qualification and medical? NO

Simon how much for both weeks? AS ITS YOU.... LOADS!!!!!!!!! Massive saving mate, let me talk to the money man LOL.

Pete b

This is "open forum" so I must tell you that it is MAXIMUM height. i.e the law says you must fly below 500 on weekdays.

Bear in mind that this has always been the law in Italy. Now you may wonder how paragliders ever go cross country in Italy????

I can assure you that they definitely do and so do paramotores. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just recieved the low down on regs for UK pilots flying in Italy.

I just read your message regarding the regulations we have here and possible conflict with your clients’ certifications.

Just wanted to tell you that if you need any help in knowing exactly how things are written over here (then its you choice to follow them or not)

Here is the letter of the Law

the artiche involved is nr. 21 of the so called “Regolamento Tecnico Operativo riguardante il Volo da Diporto o Sportivo” (just to give you a title that you can refer to)

Article 21 is actually titled “Rilascio attestato a cittadini stranieri” – “Issuing of Certification to Foreigners”

Citizens of EU countries are allowed to fly in Italy if in possession of FAI card appropriate for the type of vehicle that they intend to use or of a document similar to the Italian certification. (no sign of how this similarity would be checked)

Non EU citizens are allowed to fly in Italy if in possession of FAI card appropriate for the type of vehicle that they intend to use or of a document that has been acknowledged equivalent to the Italian certification by specific agreements by the Aero Club of Italy.

It is obligatory for all pilots to be insured according to the law’s dispositions. (with 5 millions you are fine)

………. the rest doesn’t really apply to you but to foreigners that want to do courses in italy .

If, on reading the above, you are worried that you might not be not allowed to fly in Italy, please PM me.

This trip will include opportunities for low airtime pilots to gain experience in carefully selected tasks and with expert local advice on conditions and suitability. It will also include exhilirating opportunities to for experts ........and everything in between!!!!!!!!

INSURANCE;- third party liabilty to 3 million Euros is OBLIGATORY. Hefty penalties for getting caught without.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Owing to the growing commitment that is the "T to T" , amongst those who originally expressed an interest, this trip has been cut back to one week and one location. I am driving down on April the 4th as planned but stopping at annecy or Chamonix for a couple of days then moving on down to Bassano, where I will have some PGers and HGers to guide. I can still accomodate some PPGers if anyone is still interested. The deal will be hauling your motor down, arranging your B&B and showing you the sites and flying a bit with you. Most of it will be on the Semonzo side of the Grappa with some excursions to the Feltre valley. I will trim the price a bit too as retrieving out landers will have to be at the end of the day not during.

If you are seriously interested you need to decide very soon as I need to book accomodation (it gets very busy down there at Easter). I am taking tandem paramotor and tandem PG, solo PG and HG. I am going to have THE BEST TIME EVER. I will happily fly your wives, sweethearts, eldest daughters if you want to bring them :lol: