Adventure A3 Paramotor

weesplat

Hi All,

Just thought I would post some hints and tips about this particular model as its what I've flowen for the last year.

Generally I've been impressed with the unit. It always starts and run's well (as long as the battery has a charge ). Is fairly economic at 15mins a litr. Comfortable both on the ground and in the air. Gives me at 60kg plenty of thrust (climb rate of 2-300 feet per min). As it is the SOLO 210 engine it uses spares are easy and cheap to obtain for the motor. All round a good unit though not perfect (is there such a thing ).

From what I can make out mine seems to run smoother than most this may be due to the standard walbro 32 carb being replaced with the walbro 37 ( was on it when I bought it secondhand).

The pipes that are connected to the primer bulb need a fairly regular check as I found mine had a tendansy to slip off untill I applied some lock wire.

I have noticed that some of the electrical wiring has slightly chaffed but sorted that out with some tie wraps.

The biggest improvement that can be made on the unit is to scrap the Adventure cage and replace it with a Nirvana cage. As the regulars will know my early landings were not the most gracefull :oops: and I found that the Adventure cage had the crash resistance of a kitkat wrapper. With a bit of research (after getting fed up ordering and waiting for delivery of new cage quarters) I found that the Nirvana cage would fit with a bit of cutting and shutting( take a 1/2 inch off the lower cage quarters chassie mounts and add them to the top cage quarters chassie mounts). It is about a 1/4 kilo heavier if that but the quality of the materials is far superior in my opinion and for the same cost as the Adventure parts. Small dunts and sit downs that would have had me on the phone to Adventure ordering new parts dont phase it at all. My landings are a lot better now so hav'nt tested its pile in resistance but I'm positive its a lot better i.e. If the Nirvana cage gets bent then the Adventure cage would have been scrap.

The Harness has some foibals as well. If the leg straps are too loose then it is very difficult maybe for some impossiable to get in your seat once airbourn so do them up a bit tighter than you would normaly and it all works just fine.

The only other tip I have to offer is that when in flight to loosen off the inner shoulder straps that are there to strap the unit to you while on the ground. I didnt and they peeled away from the inside of the main support straps. It isnt seriouse as they are non structual but it does make the harness look very scruffy and second hand. It may even be that as I am a very slim individual it may not happen to avarage/larger pilots.

Anyway hope this is of help or at least interest to someone out there let me know

Cheers Col.........

• 1 month later...

hello collin.the carb you had a walbro 32 what problems did you have? ive had a few problems with my carb.and after i read your advise i may update to the walbro 37. nice to hear from you collin.FROM:0) LAWRENCE

Hi Tony,

Didnt have any issues with the carb but as I said the walbro 37 has been fitted since I bought it. Couldent comment on the standard carb as I have had no experiance. All and all I have to say that it is the dutiful workhorse its made out as but thats no bad thing.

Lawrence, all of us are accepting a degree of compromise when using these diaphragm carburettors. At least the WB37 allows more passage of air than the smaller WB32. This is important bearing in mind this is being run with a 210cc engine. What carb are you currently running and what type of engine is in the Castellucciou 130?

Lawrence, all of us are accepting a degree of compromise when using these diaphragm carburettors. At least the WB37 allows more passage of air than the smaller WB32. This is important bearing in mind this is being run with a 210cc engine. What carb are you currently running and what type of engine is in the Castellucciou 130?
FROM LAWRENCE.....carb is a walbro 32. engine smn 130. geoff soden helped to tun carb as at the time i wasnt getting max power.machine was brought fom steve moses who is a experience paramotor pilot.

Aha, a Simonini (mini 2 presumably) with a 130cm prop. That's a stonking motor when the right carb is fitted! You are probably suffering the exact problems as on the Solo 210. Both these engines are >200cc but the WB32 really struggles to power anything over 100cc. The increased mass flow of the WB37 will definitely help. They can be picked up in the US for around $90 or alternatively you can pay a bit more and buy them in the UK from people such as Rowena Motors. Even with the bigger Walbro you will still find that the mass flow could do with being higher (if you are after a smooth idle and low to mid-range acceleration) which can be achieved by creating an idle bypass over the slow running jets by filing the butterfly (see the picture in my album on this site).

Regards

Ian

thankyou very much for your detailed info.ive learnt something new today.ref; walbro 37.the engines ok .but i know from racing 2-strokes it can run much better.thanks agian FROM:0) LAWRENCE

• 2 months later...

Great tip about the Adventure cage and the comparison with a kit-kat wrapper is very accurate. Do you have any tips on where I could source a replacement silencer? The section of my silencer where it joins the expansion chamber or "Megaphone" (as the Adventure parts list describes it) has snapped which means exhaust is escaping leaving me with a lot more noise and less power.

• 3 months later...

Just get it welded, any half-competent welder will do it easily. If you want to make his life a bit easier, try to clean as much of the 2 smoke oil out of it as you can.

so long as its just snapped from fatigue, rather than rusted through, it is a 10 minute job to weld it up again.

• 3 months later...

Hi Weesplat , Ive just read your post about the A3 Paramotor . Ive got an adventure F3 That recently Conked Out in flight. Upon Closer inspection, and removal of the head its fairly obvious that it now needs a new Cylinder , Piston Rings , Gaskets etc . Can you or anyone else who reads this let me know where I can get these parts. My name is David Crabtree and I was able to be introcuced Through yourself to Chris Holley Who has welded my F3 Cage on a few occasions. My home Tel Number is 01858 445221