PMC France Paramotor Holiday 2010.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

checked over my motor I had a small but very significant hole in the piston and thus my flying was over for this trip...........

Sad to hear of your misfortunes with the piston but glad to hear you're OK after the forced landing.

I was disappointed not to meet up with you all but you can't change the weather :x

Good luck for your planned 'around Britain'

Cheers,

Alan

Hi all,

I would have posted a little sooner but my PC's been out of action........(Yes, I probably need a Mac!!)

All in all, a very enjoyable trip to France. Weather wise I think we were very unlucky, but generally everyone got some good flying in at the various sites.

I think one of the highlights for me, was my tandem paragliding trip at St Andre with Mark Taggart....The views over the Alps were absolutely stunning, and hopefully you'll see some of my camera footage on the video... :D

The food was up to scratch also, with Simon and his assistant Pete showing very versatile culinary skills!!

Well done Simon, Pete and Whitters for organising a thoroughly enjoyable trip.... :D I'm definitely up for the next one, and hopefully we'll be a bit more lucky with the weather next time......

Neil.. :D

Hi all,

Just figured out my user name and password, so thought I would post something on the French trip.

1st half of the trip weather was crap, but the company was good. Dune du Pyla is awesome, and will definitely go back to have some fun there, maybe I will try and avoid the 60KPH wind we witnessed while we were there, or buy a smaller wing :)

My first flight of the trip was to jump of the top of an 8000ft mountain without the aid of an engine. This was the first time I had attempted paragliding, and I loved it.... I had 3 more flights like this, and the only thing that brought me back to earth was cold fingers.

I only had one powered flight, which was a bit bumpy, but as it was a new Baileys 4 stroke paramotor and a new Dudek synthesis wing I was happy. I had never flown either until this trip.

One of the highlights for me was the last nights camp, which was at a French motorway service station in the rain. Couldn't be assed to pack up a wet tent in the morning (6am) so I just packed it neatly into the nearest rubbish bin...

Overall I had a fantastic time and would recomend this type of trip to anyone. Thanks to Simon, Pete and Witters.

Looking forward to the photos and videos.

Cheers

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Could those of you who still have the boxes from the trip get them to me in the next week please!

Or you can take them to a location near Alton if thats closer for you...

Or pay for it.

Many Thanks.

SW :D

Could those of you who still have the boxes from the trip get them to me in the next week please!

Or you can take them to a location near Alton if thats closer for you...

Or pay for it.

Many Thanks.

SW :D

Simon,

Have you got the address for Alton please.

What sort of money re buying the box?

Mike