PMC France Paramotor Holiday 2010.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK,

We can include this on the trip for those that want it with relative ease. It will require some dedicated time from a QFI (who owuld otherwise be on holiday!) and so is only fair if a small charge is made.

I think:-

£50 non paid members.

£20 Paid members.

Is fair?

If your interested in this, please do nod so we can make a plan around the numbers.

Great Idea to mingle it with the France trip!

SW :D

All, deposits for this trip are coming in now at a fair rate.

Just to give you a heads up, 3 of the deposits are from people not in the list of 30 in the thread above :shock: .

If you want to ensure that you are on this trip, you must get a deposit in soon. You can do that here.. http://www.paramotorclub.org/catalog/pr ... cts_id/147

Trip update with more detailed 'ground' route information will be here in the next few days.

...Just to give you a heads up, 3 of the deposits are from people not in the list of 30 in the thread above :shock:
Simon/Norman

If this trip is now likely to be over subscribed, is there any chance of something additional being arranged at Airvault?

There may be a number of us who would not have clocked up many hours by then, and so would have second thoughts about doing the whole trip. But would still enjoy doing some flying down there when you high milers come through?

Just a thought, as Norman arranged something down there last spring which had great feedback....

Andy

Andy,

Dont worry.....

This is the first of many PMC holidays. The planning team Pete B, Whitters, and myself are already on the case for the next few holidays to follow this one. (every one, a little different of course :D )

I do recon though that the France 2010 is always going to be in the top 3 no matter what we do after it as its the first !! and 30 people are going. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Simon,

I cant wait for the trip but I am just a bit concerned re how far one is expected to fly per fuel tank? I am currently managing one and a half hours per tank.

I am just worried about holding people back? There will no doubt be more experienced pilots who will be shooting off but some stragglers (me) will be left behind?

Just concerns from this inexperienced pilot.

Mike

Hi Mike,

There will be a take off window at each stop. The window will be 45 mins, but you will know hours in advance what that time is.

The 'Rear Party' ground crew will wait until the last pilot has launched and then a little longer.

We will pick people up along the way and take them to the next stop.

Pete and I have this one well sorted, please dont worry, it's a holiday!! We are taking the stress away.

We also have guides front and back to follow and or chase back on track.

Hi.

To reasure those that havn't done a lot of XC flights:

I am in the process of planning the route using the experience gained from the tip to tip and advice from Norman. I am using Memory Map and google earth combined. I am choosing turn points that avoid airspace, are close to main road junctions, all but a few are open spaces with plenty of landing options surrounding them, the turn points are 20-25km appart so providing lots of choice for changes in flight plan due to the progress we may or not be making due to weather conditions.

I will produce route files for download to GPS and a PDF file with a description of the route. Pre-flight briefs on the day of each flight will occur so everyone knows what is happening and where the best bail out options are for each leg and will avoid, as far as possible, the ground crew having to search for downed pilots.

There is a lot of work to do but I will keep you informed as I go along.

Whitters. :wingover:

...I will produce route files for download to GPS and a PDF file with a description of the route. Pre-flight briefs on the day of each flight will occur so everyone knows what is happening and where the best bail out options are for each leg and will avoid, as far as possible, the ground crew having to search for downed pilots.

There is a lot of work to do but I will keep you informed as I go along.

Whitters.

Great Whitters, really look forward to seeing how the plans develop.

Then I can be even more :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: with envy of you all ! :wink:

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

All,

Please could all those people who intend to be on this holiday but have not yet paid a deposit, let me know that you are a) still interested or b) not.

It makes it hard doing the planning without knowing numbers.

Cheers

Simon,

I cant wait for the trip but I am just a bit concerned re how far one is expected to fly per fuel tank? I am currently managing one and a half hours per tank.

I am just worried about holding people back? There will no doubt be more experienced pilots who will be shooting off but some stragglers (me) will be left behind?

Just concerns from this inexperienced pilot.

Mike

Mike,

I get about the same from my tank so I'll keep you company. Also, having landed out in the back garden of a French couple earlier this year I found them and their neighbours to be very helpful and friendly, even though I nearly scared them half to death!

Alan

OK, in an effort to simplify this as much as possible..

Please read and DIGEST the comment below (taken from Paramotor Holidays website)

"You can fly as much or as little of the route as you like. The ground crew are there to accommodate your decision. "

Fly until you either a) reach the destination b) run out of juice, or c) want to land.

This is NOT an endurance challenge, its a holiday.

I for example...

Will not be flying between sites. Just 'at' the sites. You are all welcome to do the same.

Whitters wants to fly the lot, so.. anyone is welcome to join him.

think holiday....