PMC France Paramotor Holiday 2010.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm properly gutted! This is going to be one amazing trip.

I was the first to put my name on the list but if the date is set as the 1st April then it is with serious regret that I will have to be the first drop-out.

It's my wifes 30th birthday on the 4th April next year and I promised her that we would meet her parents at their Florida house to celebrate.

Please accept my apologies.

Best regards,

Ian.

Simon,

I have been following this thread for the France trip and have put myself down for it.

I have only about 11 hours to date and I am clocking up as much air time as possible in order to gain experience for the trip. Simon you mention pilots with 30 hours plus for some areas of the flying.

My concern is that I might not be experienced enough compared to other pilots?

Will some of us 'newbie' types be accommodated for the trip??

Mike

Yes :-)

Taken from the web text for the new site. ...

"This amazing holiday adventure is open to all (3rd party insurance a must) You can fly as much or as little of the route as you like. The ground crew are there to accomodate your decision"

SW :D

That's the place. :D

It is owned by Mark Taggart (brother of Matt Taggart from Ozone)

He is a top bloke and will help us to make sure that we have great time!

Here he is doing some flying on his silly fast Class 5 Glider.

All,

I have just blagged an (Introducton to Alpine flying) Lesson and guided flight from one of our hosts as a part of this holiday!

In the area that we re flying, and to be fair in many other areas.. he is well known for being a very high air time pilot and by many the best! (all be it hang gliders) and he is also the person who set up the well known Big Fat Repack here in the UK.

In my opinion, this on it's own has value greater than the entire cost of this holiday!

There will also be the option for people to pay for a non powered tandem hangy flight with this Sky god for the tree huggers ;-) .

Just a little update

All,

I have just blagged an (Introducton to Alpine flying) Lesson and guided flight from one of our hosts as a part of this holiday!

In the area that we re flying, and to be fair in many other areas.. he is well known for being a very high air time pilot and by many the best! (all be it hang gliders) and he is also the person who set up the well known Big Fat Repack here in the UK.

In my opinion, this on it's own has value greater than the entire cost of this holiday!

There will also be the option for people to pay for a non powered tandem hangy flight with this Sky god for the tree huggers ;-) .

Just a little update

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better :D

Depart UK,

April Fools day. (1st ;-) )

The trip specific website will be live in a week or so and will have payment information. It will have to be based on a first come first serve basis.

All,

I'm hoping to go skiing in mid March. Looking at the map I realised that this place isn't that far away. So wondered if in early April (when some ski resorts are still skiing) this area would have a 'skiing' climate or its own 'warm' micro climate?

If it could be cold winter Alpine flying, maybe a bulk purchase of heated gloves, jacket etc. is worth considering for us brass monkeys?

Cheers

Paul

Weather at Saint Andre Les Alpes

St Andre enjoys a good 300+ days of sunshine each year and enjoys its own micro-climate. Aerogliss post weather reports daily in the club house. They have free internet access there - just buy a drink or two as you surf the weather channels.

Weather can tyically be broken down into 3 distinct flying modes/gears to suit all levels of pilots

morning - very calm, amazing views and light

afternoon - thermic, to incredibly thermic

evening - lifty and mellow

A new way to pay.

All,

By popular request I have put another product in the shop for the France holiday.

It is called the France trip 3 payment option.

At any time between now and the 15th of Jan (closing date) you must buy 3 of this item...

So each time you buy it, we will add £206 to your account. The link below will tke you to this item.

http://www.paramotorclub.org/catalog/pr ... cts_id/147

Any questions please call the holiday helpline number (which is the same as my mobile of course)