PMC France Paramotor Holiday 2010.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All,

As this is now a holiday and not a race, the PMC will supply a 7.5t luton and a minibus or two for the duration of the trip.

So in a nutshell, ground support will be supplied. :D

SW :D

I'll bet you're not working now though eh Pete? :wink: Lucky I'm ready in Gloucester in case your armchair collapses or your telly explodes in the Forest!! Having said that, 1 job in 2.5 hours isn't exactly busy. Beats working for a living though!

Tj

Ambulance practitioner

Wannabe Paramotor SAR winchman(!)

I'll bet you're not working now though eh Pete? :wink: Lucky I'm ready in Gloucester in case your armchair collapses or your telly explodes in the Forest!! Having said that, 1 job in 2.5 hours isn't exactly busy. Beats working for a living though!

Tj

Ambulance practitioner

Wannabe Paramotor SAR winchman(!)

I'm waiting for you to come and start training with the others :lol:

Got training tomorrow and work on Friday then??

Life's hard at the moment isn't it :roll:

Having eventually got through all ther posts to this amazing thread my thoughts:

The race idea over long distance really excites me, not for the prize money but for the event. However, an all out race over long distance will split the field massively and remove the main attraction of the event being the social gathering of like minded crazy people. It will also possibly create risk.

Having a bivouc style flying holiday is equally a great idea.

Why not combine the two elements. Each day starts and finishes in the same location for the whole field. The task to reach goal (next evening BBQ spot) can be set to be achievable for all levels of pilot but measured over accuracy of navigation and speed for those that want to compete. For those that don't want to compete they can reach goal via any scenic route they plan.

Prizes for usual things, broken props, least miles covered by paramotor, person who got the most lost / off track :shock: . etc etc.

By the way; count me in :D .

Whitters :launchdance:

OK, so that's 21 people now. (and what an awesome bunch of people it is too!)

Time to get my arse in gear! LOL

Anyone fancy helping with some web stuff related to this trip, please PM or reply. (you need to be a bit of a website geek to accept this task) more info offline.

As an aside, can any one of the 20 people talk French? I think it could be handy if we had an 'interupter' with us on the trip.

SW :D