John Carver Flyke LE to JoG

At approx 16.00 today John Carver arroved at John O Groats on his Flyke.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... 3mp5NDviOP

He has covered the distance in just 11 days, on all but the first day he was un-supported. A fantastic achievement.

The final few days have been difficult for John in the unpredictable weather. Having to avoid some of the higher more remote terrain South of Inverness created a longer journey, this was a sensible decision as he was a solo pilot completely un-supported.

A final big push was required today before the wind and rain arrives in the area tonight and tomorrow.

He will write his story over the next few days I am sure which you can read on his blog site here

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en& ... 0b7101&z=6

Congratulations, great trip.

Ok then, Who is going to try an unsupported LE to JO Paramotor attempt? Its never been done before!!!!!

Whitters. :acro:

Hi Whitters,

When ever anyone says it has never been done before I always think 'Just maybe it could be fun.'

Although with only 8 hours under my belt un supported might be long and lonely flying. However for the right good cause.....

'Just maybe it could be fun.'

Could you have lots of support at set up but no ground crew following? Would that count?

What truly is unsupported?

Just my 2p

:launchland:

Hi Whitters,

When ever anyone says it has never been done before I always think 'Just maybe it could be fun.'

Could you have lots of support at set up but no ground crew following? Would that count?

What truly is unsupported?

Just my 2p

:launchland:

Hi Doc.

Yes I think help at the start and finish enabling you to get to the start and get home again are elements pre and post task. The task being the bit in between.

Whitters