Dudek Nucleon

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

a novice tester is a bang on idea for the wings and kit put forward by the industry as " sutiable for a beginer ".

Some one in their first year of flying and stands down at the end of that year for the next novice. I think that would give a truer result than say a five year pilot testing it. As the more experianced pilot tends to almost auto correct as he launches , ground handles ect without really thinking about or noticing that he's doing so.

I would think the person who does this would get a huge amount of experiance from it.

Just a thought...

Cheers Col.....

The 29 m2 version of Dudek's Nucleon passed EN C certification,

Some of the suspension line lengths were shortened by 1cm for the certification :shock: namely lines AI, AII, AIII, BIII, and STI. Dudek say that this change only minimally affects the behaviour of the wing in flight, but owners of previously manufactured Nucleons can either wait until the next inspection, or send their paragliders to the factory now for line replacement (for 160 zl + shipments costs). They will then have a certification sticker applied. Owners choosing to shorten these lines themselves should note that their wings will still not be certified. ????

Mr Carnet,David Muzellec and (and others)

"would most probably win no matter which reflex wing they were on as they are excellent pilots "from pete b

lukes replie .... If you had a good pilot on a good paramotor machine and with a crap wing your saying mr carnet. david muzellec and others would win anyway....i dont think so. top pilots need good equipment and wings.e,g mr carnet wont fly a wing he feels is not going to win. it does take two. not the one.why should excellent pilots use crap wings?its in black and white the results from dudek. these excellent pilots are showing us all what can be done in flight useing good wings.and that same idea rubs off on us all. weather they are comp pilots or not. the very same comp pilots test the wings and improve them.then they have a competition and flying for england is mr carnet.and just by looking on the internet i can see the results in black and white.so mr carnet can win anything no matter the equipment he uses.or lewis hamilton the racing driver no matter how hes engine is running this year will win.like i said depending on equipment not just pilot or driver.ill look at results for lewis and i can see in black and white things arnt running smooth.lewis would most proably win no matter which f1 car he uses.... is there any info on the fusion winning anything?this year

Edited by Guest

Mr Carnet,David Muzellec and (and others)

"would most probably win no matter which reflex wing they were on as they are excellent pilots "from pete b

lukes replie .... If you had a good pilot on a good paramotor machine and with a crap wing your saying mr carnet. david muzellec and others would win anyway....i dont think so. top pilots need good equipment and wings.e,g mr carnet wont fly a wing he feels is not going to win. it does take two. not the one.why should excellent pilots use crap wings?its in black and white the results from dudek. these excellent pilots are showing us all what can be done in flight useing good wings.and that same idea rubs off on us all. weather they are comp pilots or not. the very same comp pilots test the wings and improve them.then they have a competition and flying for england is mr carnet.and just by looking on the internet i can see the results in black and white.is there any info on the fusion winning anything?this year

I did not say anything about crap wings?

So you are obviosly in the dudek camp and nothing else matches it, well we all have our prefrences.

Pete b :D

Edited by Guest

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys, I have been reading all the posts with interest re the Nucleon and Fusion and thought I would post my feelings of a recent flight on a Nucleon.

I would say that I am a cautious pilot, been fying since 1998 with only about 250 hours in that time. I weight 75kgs fly a PAP and Revo 26 combo.

I am looking to change wings to a Fusion or Nucleon but would say that the extra cost of a Fusion will hurt my pocket more so am swaying more to the Nucleon.

This weekend I flew my Revo then a 31 Nuc then a 31 synth.

I was a little nervous to start on the Nuc as I had heared that landings are fast and the landing was on my mind most of the flight. The wing felt good and the first thing I noticed was the low revs of my engine. As soon as I powered off the wing did not fall like a brick it just seemed to glide. I had the sensation of being light on a large wing, it was just like paragliding again. I shut down the revs and went looking for lift and it was easy to find. I would like to get this wing out on a light thermic day as I feel it would be easy to turn off the engine and just go fly.

It felt safe and stable but I would like to know how it compares to the DHV ratings on slow trim.

I had a good flight and can't stop thinking about future possibilities. I flew for 75 mins and used a tad over 3 litres of fuel. The brake lines felt long and I could do with longer arms for the flare at touchdown.

Next I flew the Synth. Easy take off an instantly felt at ease. It felt more like my Revo. I did notice much higher engine revs and that the glide was no way near as good as the Nuc. I flew much lower as my engine noise was higher and it was annoying me.

I flew again for 75min and used almost 5 litres of fuel. That would be enough to stop me from buying one but what a superb wing for a beginer it is.

Just my thoughts. Happy motoring

Nick Robey

Hi Steve,

I only landed once so can't give an honest answer to how they compare. I did notice though that as I lined up for landing the first time when I let off the throttle I felt that I was going to glide straight over the landing site. I powered up and went around again. When I did touch down I felt that the brake lines were way too long and I caught my throttle on the cage netting for a moment. The speed of the landing felt no different to the Revolution but the Revo comes in steeper.

Hope that helps

Nick