In France looking for information

Paul, this is what the official site says for St. Hilaire:

No official shows are scheduled for Thursday and Friday; on these days the sky is open to all pilots who have come from far and wide to participate in the Festival !

I assume they will have a separate 'official' launch site for ULM's as the Lumbin landing field will be very busy with people .... landing.

Alan, thanks for the link, but I guess there will be some info available in St. Hilaire over the weekend. I'll be happy free flying until then (weather permitting) but hopefully find some places to fly the motor from on the return leg of the trip ?

Bit of a thread resurrection but ..........

I'm heading to France in a few weeks to do some free flying around the Annecy region before heading down to the St. Hilaire festival where I will hopefully be picking up my shiny new paramotor. 8)

I know its a bit far from you Alan, but what are the regulations for visiting pilots ? I'd like to do some paramotoring around there but obviously don't want to go through foreign exams and registration process. Also don't wish to upset the "vol libre" fraternity even though I'd love to launch from the Doussard landing field for a flight round lake Annecy !!

Any info or pointers to suitable websites appreciated.

I've heard that to fly you DO have to show insurance for St. Hilaire, France. Same at Las Candelas, Spain.

So with Onrisk no more, getting BHPA rating and their included insurance in the next few weeks looks the best (only?) option for me.

Cheers

Paul

Joint aviation services ltd will insure you Paul

Pete

• 6 years later...