Fireworks

Quick question.

If i was to set off fireworks when one of these low flying Paramotors grazes the roof of my house would I be committing an offence?

Despite being very clear to these folks that I do not wish to be overflown 3-4 times a week I was wondering if I let off a barrage of rockets next time and brought one down whos fault would it be?

Any thoughts?

Bender

YOURS! You would be doing with intent. Recklessness as to whether there is a risk to life adds up to man-slaughter in the event of a death.

If they are not flying legally, go about it the right way and you will have my full support. Do it your way, I hope they throw the book at you!

I don't think for a second they are flying legally since they almost take my roof off weekly. I went to the field where they take off from to complain and had a shotgun pointed at me while they asked me nicely to F*** O** so I figured what goes up must come down.

They based in Heanor Derbyshire if anyone knows them.

I also thought I could sit outside their house on a nice afternoon revving a two-stroke motor for hours and hours. I could get a few friends to come along as well and bring theirs too but I figured there’s probably a law about noise pollution.

Report them and their base to the CAA. Get photo evidence of their actions. Report the shotgun incident to the police, they take threats with firearms VERY seriously.

So now you are thinking of retaliating rather than problem solving with the sort of escalation that is almost inevitable. You will likely get the same sort of result as the Welsh farmer who painted 'F**c of Biggles' on his barn roof, and then wondered why every pilot from 500 milesd popped over to his place for a look.

At the moment, they've pissed you off with their noise and your solution is to potentially kill someone. A disproportionate response I'm afraid.

I'll say no more on the subject, you've asked for an opinion, you've had it.

This has got to be a wind up!

1. I would report low flying to nearest authority eg . Civil/military airport or direct to the CAA

2. If I am threatened with any form of firearm, for any reason, I would go phone the police. Armed Fast response is just that!

3. launching any form of ground based missile with the intent to bring down any aircraft is a tiny bit illegal...And it would be Murder not man-slaughter.. having just posted your intentions on this forum. Cant even think of another reason for setting off fireworks during daylight hours.

Not a fan of this fantastic sport then Bender? :D

If you did up the sport then you could fly over your own house to see what they find so interesting :lol: and at least you wont get and complaints for the owner :lol:

If this is not a wind up i would just keep a record of the noise and take photos and report it to the caa I would also go and confront them again but be nice and see what happens again.

There are alway arse holes in every sport 99.9% of people that do this sport are very friendly.

I've actually had fireworks launched towards me once... They exploded about 200ft below me.. Looked just like WW2 AK-AK rounds! Just plumes of white smoke appearingp couldn't hear them going off. I immediately realised what it was and climbed on full power to get as much height as possible. We circled for a while to see if we could trace the launch site..... I most certainly would have paid the guys a 'friendly visit' if id seen who it was!!! I figured that if I went to the police, the potential news pubicity would only encourage others to do it..... Although- it's a very serious offence- interfering with an aircraft- there were a few cases recently where guys with laser pointers were given custodial sentances for interfereing with helicopters.

GD