Help Needed - motor/wing size?

Thanks for those stats Paul. Which one were you flying at mine 2 yars ago ? Did you fly out across the moor that evening and how did it fare for speed against the rest of the gaggle ?

I have the Reaction on my list of maybes if it's cheap and s/h but I dont think it's as fast as the Synth or the Fusion. The Fusion would have economy I reckon. When I flew it on normal trim my engine was just chugging along like on my Atis 2. Great glide. Want to fly one again with instrument s next time. I do prefer a smaller wing so G R is an issue. Always open to suggestions though and want to fly them all on the same day. If someone could be there to lay them out and just pass me the risers I wouldn't even stop the engine. Then I'll write a review. LOL

See you soon too I reckon. Might have such a day !

Dave

Dave,

I was on the Action 27 two years ago. I was last to launch and soon caught up... then needed to circle and S-turn to slow to others pace. My landing was a tad fast though :-(

You will get a step change is top speed moving from non-reflex to reflex. IMHO most proper reflex wings have very close top speed with trim out + speed bar. There is a bigger difference if you just use the trims without speed bar.

e.g. a mates Revo is faster when we both only use reflex trim, but I'm slightly faster when we both use reflex trim + speed bar.

If I were you, I'd consider buying two second hand trusted reflex section wings of different sizes (should cost less than the latest new wing). Then whatever you want to do (acro v XC), whatever the wind speed (nil v choppy), you will have the 'best' and 'safe' wing for that flight, and a spare wing, and maybe some spare cash.

Now we can carry bigger tanks, is economy a significant enough issue to spend £1000s to fix, if you don't want to enter the Nats? When I had the Action 27 + 10 ltr tank it was, but now I can just carry more fuel :-)

Cheers

Paul

Dave

Would it be possible if people can put any fly-ins on the events page as it may be worth a drive for a few of us to meet and fly with new faces, it seems that I am always reading about events that I missed!

It is possible that this may be deliberate and it is just me that is not told but I hope not LOL.

Cheers

Eddie

Eddie,

I have told you before dude, we need a working e-mail address for you, as the messages that you 'miss' are bouncing back every time.

PM me a working e-mail address and I will make the changes so you no longer miss stuff.

SW :D

You put some thought into that Paul and you're on the same wavelength as me with the extra fuel. Mines already set up to carry 20 litres with the dual tanks and I've rarely used more than 7 on an average run with the Atis.

I've 2 fellow fliers that I'd like to reach a bit quicker and they're both 25 miles away and from their fields, are both in striking range of the beautifull North coast of Devon. I think Quackers has an old 27 Action. Perhaps I should try it. I know it sinks fast cos I've throttled back at the same time and watched him dissappear below. Alot to pay for a little extra speed I think. He wasn't that much faster than me with my trimmers up.

Also, dont forget that it's not all about saving petrol cost. Noise is the bigger issue for me, and more importantly, my neighbours. That's why I favour the Simmo, big props with slow turn speed and wings that glide almost 9 to 1 if poss. Speed is a recent desire for me too as I get bored flying nowhere or having cocky gits go round me.

Cheers

Dave