Guildford photos

dantheman

Had a magical flight with Andy from Guildford last night, did not fancy the drive to Lambourn when the wind looked as though it was going to be down the slope.

guildford01.jpg

Guildford Cathedral

guildford02.jpg

North Downs

guildford03.jpg

Newlands corner - great biker cafe

guildford04.jpg

Andy heading towards Gomshall

guildford05.jpg

Hatchlands park

guildford06.jpg

Wisley Airfield

guildford07.jpg

RHS Wisley - the glass house

guildford08.jpg

Slyfield industrial estate

guildford09.jpg

Surrey sunset

guildford10.jpg

Packing away

guildford11.jpg

Very nice!

I'm only up the road in Epsom...

So when I get my motor (3 weeks time), I'll be definitely up for joining you.

We've got to get this Surry club going a bit more.

I'm looking for a couple of sites near me (Epsom Downs), so maybe we can arrange XC site-to-site's and trade lifts home?? I'd be happy to give someone a lift from my way to Guildford area in return for a similar lift a week or so later.

Seems like an idea. :)

Let me know how you get on with a site near Epsom, sounds like a great idea. To fly from Guildford you need to approach Barry who owns the microlight strip, he has problems with noise complaints so you can imagine he wants to keep it very low key, it's £8 take off/landing fees too. :shock:

Ouch...£8 is a little on the expensive side...but for a flight from Epsom to Guildford and back it'd be worth it I think.

I've been told about a couple of sites up in this area, but I need to clarify if that is a special arrangement for that pilot or available for all.....and I've got a couple of ideas for some other sites...including an already registered airfield....but I need to make some phone calls and knock on some doors with a bottle of whisky or something as a "Hey...how are you? Mind if I jump off your field?"

I think it's not really worth me going to talk to them until I've got my motor so that they can see for themselves what it is all about...Watch this space. :)

COOL let us know how you get on :lol:

Haze,

I'm in Banstead - fly often out of Barry's and recently around Carshalton with a friend called Gavin Beverley. He's found some good local sites to fly from.

Give me a ring and we can arrange to meet up for a fly as a group. 07770 235256

Luke

Hi Dan, as you know l am only 15 mins from Barry's field and only flown from it once when the round London trip was on, a great airfield. (if anyone lands out and l am free, give us a call for a last resort retrieve.

I am at the wxxxxxxx flyin this Sunday but while the lighter nights are here perhaps an evening flight one night in the week.

Mike :)

• 5 months later...

These fotos bring back some memories. I used to catch the train to Farnborough every day going past the cathedral. I didn't think I'd see it from this view!

Cracking pics of Slyfield. We used to go to the market their during lunch at school. Can't wait to get flying to seemore stuff like this!

Tj

These fotos bring back some memories. I used to catch the train to Farnborough every day going past the cathedral. I didn't think I'd see it from this view!

Cracking pics of Slyfield. We used to go to the market their during lunch at school. Can't wait to get flying to seemore stuff like this!

Tj

Not a million miles from where we now live. Would love to fly similar route from Guildford over Wisley once have got my wings. Sigh :roll:

Andy