USA Video to UK DVD.

All,

I have a copy of the only film that has been made about the Burke and Willls expedition. It is a Video (from the USA) and I wondered if anyone would be able to put it on to a UK DVD for our next meeting.?

Or does anyone have a USA Video player I can borrow?

SW :D

Simon, I believe most vhs players will play this but you have to go online to find out how to crack the code to switch yours over to NTSC or whatever. All over my head but I was told once by a friend of a man in a pub walking his dog that it is cheaper to build the machines with all formats catered for and just change the settings and the badge for the particular country!

Try sticking your model number in Google and see what happens!

Cheers

Malc

I don't think video machines on the whole can be 'unlocked' Malcs. There are a few that offer NTSC playback, but they are pretty thin on the ground. Are you thinking perhaps of the DVD regional coding which prevents US DVD's from playing on UK machines? That CAN often be unlocked with a hidden keyboard 'hack'.

PK

My dad is into all this pc video stuff and can convert it to pal and put on a disc no probs.

If you want to mail it to me i will pass it on and get him to sort it.

Perfect!

Thanks!

Please PM the addresss to send it to.

SW :D