Wednesday

That was one of those flights....

I did not feel 1 bump on the entire flight! It was silky silky smooth by the time I took off at 19:20

I spent just under an hour in the air, climbing then spiraling it down to eye up some possible new fields (more on that later) then climbing up again to 3,000 ft.

I think I am addicted to it!! no, I know I am addicted to it!!!

For those that decided to say at home....

IT WAS A BAD IDEA, YOU JUST MISSED ONE OF THE BEST EVENINGS FLYING OF THE YEAR SO FAR

Nice to see a good load in the air, including some old faces 'Rob' I think that's your name? Its been a while.... ;-)

SW :D

Good on you Simon et al.

Unfortunately I was working late and couldn't even get to my local field. Plus I'm having a couple of probs with my motor at the mo (so what's new).

Look forward to hearing all about tonights exploits.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks lads for joining me on my Wednesday night off :lol: – just a shame I didn’t get in the air. :oops::x

O’ well – looking positive. In a few days I should have a new battery, my own sweaty helmet, reserve and headset. Now that’s looking forward.

Maybe again next Wednesday then?

Short version –

My battery was dead. Simon arrived at 1900 swapped batteries (cheers) – that was dead.

Simon went for his fly (lucky sod).

Swapped batteries with his machine (cheers).

The wind now dropped to reserve or forward launch time and blowing across and slightly up the hill.

Tried a few reserve launches, but either me or the wind was not there. The time was now about 2120 hrs ish.

Then was going to try a forward (same wind conditions), but didn’t go, because I felt lack of commitment and confidence with the short distance to take off – especially when I’ve never done a forward before and not practice much (yes, my fault).

All I felt in my head was ‘why’ try and take off in this situation for a 10 minute flight and a good chance of breaking the motor or a part of me. Fly another day.

So, looking forward to getting all my own kit and be more flexible.

Didn’t feel that at the time, but it does now.

At that exact moment it is a very hard thing to do – say no and pack your kit away (maybe harder then saying ‘sod it’ and try a take off)

Or maybe, it is the age thing – more cautions

You see many old and bold pilots, but you never see an old and bold pilot.

(Of course not referring to your hair style :) )

The old ones are always the best.