Wednesday

As I remember,

It had an Oil leak from the crank case... (it looks as though the gasket has not been tightened quite evenly, but I am not a mechanic.)

If I am to be honest that did not concern me. Bailey will take it back and sort it.. call it a teething problem.

I was a little supprised to see that petrol had come out of the Air filter and soaked in to the harness though is that normal? or did you do something wrong to mke it happen?

The Battery connector came undone during flight but that's a simple fix with an alternative connector, BUT combining the petrol and a loose battery connector is not good) ( I don't need to be a fire man to know that :D )

Teething problems in our sport are to be expected I recon, but this one could do with a solve.

Not bashing here, as I say... simple fixes I am sure.

SW :D

As I remember,

It had an Oil leak from the crank case... (it looks as though the gasket has not been tightened quite evenly, but I am not a mechanic.)

If I am to be honest that did not concern me. Bailey will take it back and sort it.. call it a teething problem.

I was a little supprised to see that petrol had come out of the Air filter and soaked in to the harness though is that normal? or did you do something wrong to mke it happen?

The Battery connector came undone during flight but that's a simple fix with an alternative connector, BUT combining the petrol and a loose battery connector is not good)

Teething problems in our sport are to be expected I recon, but this one could do with a solve.

Not bashing here, as I say... simple fixes I am sure.

If the bolts are tight it should seal even if not tightened evenly the exception to this would be head gasket.

Petrol was due to over priming, and I think it runs out when you lean forward to stand up.

Battery connector loose and petrol is a NO NO.

Bad pre delivery inspection.

Please keep us up to date on the outcome as bailey problems and repairs very rarely get in to the public domain as problems with other manufacturers do??

Pete b

As I say mate,

Its not a Bailey bashing thing? In fact its quite the opposite... Its only going to show how good their after sales service is (which I am sure is top) and thus giving more people confidence.

Also, It is of interest to other owners and possible customers for sure!

Chill, and use your expereance to help others to spot the problem before its to late and they run out of oil (***if indeed there even is a problem to spot***)

And because you are brave enough to dive in and buy a new untested motor.... many people are interested in what you have to say.

Don't be Shy, and as long as it stays factual and non accusing then whats the problem? Spill um and post the pisc so people know where to look.

Hi Simon

I am not being shy about talking about the problem's and showing the photos but what i dont want to do is say what i think is wrong or the poss cause untill i know the facts. RE feul coming out of the filter that could have been me over priming it as pete said but i dont remeber priming it! Paul did tell me that they had moved the carb so that it would let fuel out of the filter instead of it floding the engine when you lean over to get up on your feet. RE The battey conector that could have been me not pushing it together enough?? but i am sure i conected it correctly. personally i would like some kind of latch on it.

RE customer service. I have been told that there service is top notch and that is one reason i chose Bailey but of course i will let you all know..

I think you should open another thread as it seems we are going off topic LOL

Hi Simon

I am not being shy about talking about the problem's and showing the photos but what i dont want to do is say what i think is wrong or the poss cause untill i know the facts. RE feul coming out of the filter that could have been me over priming it as pete said but i dont remeber priming it! Paul did tell me that they had moved the carb so that it would let fuel out of the filter instead of it floding the engine when you lean over to get up on your feet. RE The battey conector that could have been me not pushing it together enough?? but i am sure i conected it correctly. personally i would like some kind of latch on it.

RE customer service. I have been told that there service is top notch and that is one reason i chose Bailey but of course i will let you all know..

I think you should open another thread as it seems we are going off topic LOL

A sensible reply

Pete b

How about another Wednesday evening at Lambourn then?

Looks like it will be the wrong wind direction for the whole week for the Flagpole!

You may at best get a crosshill/uphill if you are lucky. Simon or Pete will be much better judges than I though.

We seem to have had LOADS of easterlies recently. Even in my take off field I can use an easterly but it's the worse direction (slightly uphill running towards fences and farm buildings).

Cheers

Mark

I won't be able to make it Wed but whoevers going take a lot of water. If its as hot or hotter than today your going to need it.

Keep your wing covered as well, the UV rays are going to have a field day when your not flying.

Have a great flight all.

Mike 8)

Yes to that.

SW

Yep, battery is duff :)

Just phoned them and said it should be here tomorrow, but better to have one just in case.

Cheers Simon - Must be better than a 'hand job'

Hi ASquaddie

you can't have been married long, as a hand job is a quick despatch to an urgent problem, I know Pete is very good at them

I have seen him perform in public before.

:lol:

The battery on a Parajet can also be got from most scooter shops, mine seems to desulpate on the charger every 3 months. I got mine in witney

All,

the weather looks good for tomorrow, but maybe blowing down the hill.

I will still be up there for the social if nothing else.

if unsure, call me.